Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne -** Spoilers**

LangerDan
LangerDan Posts: 6,132
edited March 2011 in Pro race
Break of 5 away and had a lead of 7 minutes. One of the 5 (Andrew Fenn) got shelled and was caught in no-mans-land. Meanwhile at the front, the remaining 4 (Edwig Cammaerts (Landbouwkrediet), Arnaud Coyot (Saur-Sojasun), Ramunas Navardauskas (Garmin-Cervelo) and Arnoud van Groen (Veranda's Willems-Accent)) jumped the red light at the train crossing and were promptly disqualified, with Fenn moving back in ot the lead. Two other riders have bridged.

Andrew Fenn (An Post-Sean Kelly), Sander Armee (Topsport Vlaandere) and Matthieu Ladagnous (FdJ)

Peloton at 1:10
'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'

Comments

• LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    Coverage should be up on some these links on about 20 mins:

http://www.steephill.tv/semi-classics-live/
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • KBK now live with 88kms to go:
    http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-3.php
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Shame about all the lags on the streams. Barely watchable. Was tempted to pay for 3 months of Cycling.tv, but there is so little information on their website that I decided against it. I had bad experiences with them in the past and don't want to give them money when they aren't even saying which races they will cover after this weekend.
  • They are closing down streams as fast as they are opened up.
    Worst culprit is RTBF, which used to be free to watch on tv. :x

Talk of the devil:
    http://fr.justin.tv/bobomelody#/w/912248256
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    [url=ttp://fr.justin.tv/bobomelody#/w/912248256]ttp://fr.justin.tv/bobomelody#/w/912248256[/url]

oops beat me to it
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,025
    Quick-step trying to arrange a chase to get the group that's gotten out ahead - it's well represented with a few good names...

Yesterday they were caught doing too much too early.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    54km to go ... Rabo driving at front of bunch . they've split the bunch in two... devolder in 2nd half!
    www.dotcycling.com
  • rick_chasey
    Just tuned in - peleton had split - hence QS trying to arrange a chase, with devolder in the 2nd peloton, naturally - chasing very hard...

Seems that teams are finding it tougher to arrange chasesd without radios...
  • rick_chasey
    Rabo join QS - they don't want the 2nd peloton to rejoin.
  • emadden
    Devolder is riding eye-balls out to get back in touch
    www.dotcycling.com
  • rick_chasey
    Boom dropped from peloton 2...
  • Just locked in - what group was that with Voeckler in?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Just locked in - what group was that with Voeckler in?

The break ahead of the first peloton I believe.
  • rick_chasey
    Farrar's stuck in the 2nd peloton as well - hence steegmans working hard.
  • emadden
    Ich bin Tyler Farrer sprinter mit 2nd peloton :lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Top group:
    Sander Armee (Topsport Vlaandere), Matthieu Ladagnous (FdJ), Maxime Vantomme (Katusha), Jürgen Roelandts (Omega Pharma-Lotto), Martin Velits (HTC-Highroad), Sebastien Minard (AG2R), Mathew Hayman (Sky), Sergey Lagutin (Vacansoleil) and Thomas Voeckler (Europcar)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • emadden
    2 bunches back together... panic over
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Any Belgian Classic ending in a bunch sprint is a failure. Hopefully when I come back in 30mins the field would have exploded.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Any Belgian Classic ending in a bunch sprint is a failure. Hopefully when I come back in 30mins the field would have exploded.

Kuurne is usually won from a sprint of some form or other.

Anyone notice as soon as Weylandts got away the entire QS team chased him down?

No hard feelings for leaving eh?
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    LangerDan wrote:
    Break of 5 away and had a lead of 7 minutes. One of the 5 (Andrew Fenn) got shelled and was caught in no-mans-land. Meanwhile at the front, the remaining 4 (Edwig Cammaerts (Landbouwkrediet), Arnaud Coyot (Saur-Sojasun), Ramunas Navardauskas (Garmin-Cervelo) and Arnoud van Groen (Veranda's Willems-Accent)) jumped the red light at the train crossing and were promptly disqualified, with Fenn moving back in ot the lead. Two other riders have bridged.

Andrew Fenn (An Post-Sean Kelly), Sander Armee (Topsport Vlaandere) and Matthieu Ladagnous (FdJ)

See, this is another case for race radios. No radios = no directeurs to tell their riders not to be freakin' idiots.
  • rick_chasey
    Wehay - Devolder dropped.

QS were driving on the front.

I know they call Kuurne the revenge race, but I doubt they meant it like that...
  • rick_chasey
    afx237vi wrote:
    LangerDan wrote:

See, this is another case for race radios. No radios = no directeurs to tell their riders not to be freakin' idiots.

Did they not watch Paris Roubaix?

It's a pretty well known rule by now.
  • Better feed here, if you download the v plug. It's safe.
    http://sports-livez.com/channel/ch-5.php
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

I know, but you don't become a professional cyclist because of your brains, do you?
  • rick_chasey
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

I know, but you don't become a professional cyclist because of your brains, do you?

They won't do it again, that's for sure...
  • From 2010, 09, 08, 07, 06, 05. The only bunch sprint was in 07.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • afx237vi
    Lotto doing a lot of work now for Greipel. Farrar, Welyandt, EBH, Sutton, Kluge, Keukeleire also here if it's a sprint.

ETA: Casper, too.
  • I would expect a bunch sprint in this race more than other Belgian races as it isn't as selective a parcours yet either way I'd prefer a non-bunch sprint in a one day race.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • emadden
    as the commentators say just dirtdteen km to go :lol:
    www.dotcycling.com
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Who's your money on then? Farrar for me.