Matt Rendell interview (sorry I am plugging!!!)

Comments

• ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Thanks for that... he seems like a nice chap. It'd be interesting to hear him and Ned have a go at the commentating lark.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • I thought the other guy showed some promise too.. :lol::wink:
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I've got the 2 Real dvds too Jimmy and was always hoping for more - tho' have difficulty in defending the man who wrote the scurrilous book on Pantani - no wonder he couldn't sleep at night.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Excellent stuff, well done!
    www.dotcycling.com
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Just let Rendell get on with magazine interviews and NOT tv please god !!

It`s like listening to a strangled version of that other annoying commentator Dr David Starkey. Voices of thunder i think not.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Ms Tree wrote:
    I've got the 2 Real dvds too Jimmy and was always hoping for more - tho' have difficulty in defending the man who wrote the scurrilous book on Pantani - no wonder he couldn't sleep at night.

Que?

His Pantani book is sympathetic yet honest. Nothing like that pile of garbage written by his ex manager - If that's who was giving him advice it's no wonder everything went south very quickly.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Ms Tree wrote:

Que?

His Pantani book is sympathetic yet honest. Nothing like that pile of garbage written by his ex manager - If that's who was giving him advice it's no wonder everything went south very quickly.

I happen to have the Manuela Ronchi book, the book Ian is calling garbage, Rendell's book and the Velo News book. Rendell's book is the only one that is really a conventional book and I'm not sure if that book is 'scurrilous', I don't think it really does Marco wrong. I think the proof of doping comes out with the scientific data provided, haematocrit levels for instance. The Velo News book is just your assembly of articles and pictures already published.

There was something about Pantani, it having been a year since I read these, the two bios blend together a bit as far as info goes. Pantani could not drive a car without getting in a wreck even if it was with parked cars, there was something wrong with him. He checked into rehab, in Italy he was able to do what he wanted, in Cuba where he met Maradona, I don't think there is a whole lot about that in the books. I would say too, though Ronchi was Pantani's business manager, she had little control over him, he was a domineering person. I guess many of us find out in life, this kind of things happens all too often and such domineering people should be stood up to. In Pantani's case it would have meant to force him out of cocaine usage more. Too bad, for cycling he was an attractive personality.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    ...back to the original topic, did he happen to mention when the next RP will be out? Weren't they supposed to be doing one from Manchester?
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    They seem to emerge at somewhat irregular intervals, I think it varies depending when (a) they have stuff to talk about and (b) when they can both have time to talk, either in the same room or via Skype. Remember they have paying jobs as well (if the rumours are to be believed) and don't make any money from Real Pellyton.

I have the podcast RSS feed saved in my browser so it pops up when there's a new one to download. Otherwise you can follow Ned or Matt's Twitter, as they retweet the chap who puts the files online. I never use iTunes, it's unwieldy bloatware which I don't use for anything else anyway.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Reckon there''ll be a new one popping up within the next couple of days, when they realise it's March and the last one they did was February 9th.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    I like Matt Rendell but he isn't a very good commentator. It's a shame because he's very knowledgeable and clearly passionate about the sport.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French