Carrera Banshee or better forks

bwfc4eva868
bwfc4eva868 Posts: 717
edited February 2011 in MTB buying advice
After having an excellent 2nd time at Lee Quarry and Trying some of the Black runs on my Carrera Vulcan, I'm wondering, do I need a full suss or do I just need better front forks and to improve my riding.

I just felt as if i was being pogoed about on some on the rocky sections.

Now do i go for more controlled forks or would a Banshee be a good bet?

Comments

• The difference a full suss makes is simply amazing i felt like a was skipping over the rough stuff compaired to my Vulcan XC where i was being shaken to death. I'd look at getting a full suss but from what i've seen the Banshee is one hell of a lump of metal :? Depending on what you want to spend it's hard to recomend a bike but if around the £700 mark for a full suss i'd look at the classifieds
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Ideally Id like a Spesh Pitch, which is a weighty bugger also. If I'm honest the weight doesn't really bother me. You saw how lazy i am at Lee Quarry. It'd be round the £700 mark as i very much doubt anyone would finance me now to be honest. T hats why i looked at the Banshee.
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    The banshee is a seriously heavy bike. I have also seen a few with cracks, all by the shock mounting. Pitch is a much better, lighter bike but is 3 times the price!
  • NatoED
    NatoED Posts: 480
    or the boardman FS comp.