Anyone riding in Colchester area this weekend? Ash Green?

Danlube
Danlube Posts: 454
edited May 2011 in MTB rides
Add name to list if you are. Quite a few riders in the area, perhaps we can arrange a regular session?
Kona Tanuki Deluxe

Comments

• ian220476
    ian220476 Posts: 164
    Hi,

Ride most weekends but always struggle finding good rides roudn colchester. Would love to meet up some time for a spin if thats OK?

Quite often trek off to rendlesham or Thetford for dawn raids etc, but woudl love to meet some more people round colchetsre who have some ideas etc.

Live over in Horkesley so Eight Ash Green is very convenient!

Ian
    GT XC1 - the harder you ride it, the better it is

Stumpy FSR 2010 - Rides over everything and everyone
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Is Ash green the place near where the new sainsburys/tesco's etc is just off the A12 on the way to the Zoo?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ian220476
    ian220476 Posts: 164
    Its the right place but teh other side of the A12. If your're coming up the A12 from chelmsford, get off at the same slip road but instead of turning right towards the zoo turn left. Just down that way
    GT XC1 - the harder you ride it, the better it is

Stumpy FSR 2010 - Rides over everything and everyone
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Ahh, whats that place behing sainsburys etc? looks like a mountain bike play area? 8)
    I go past it once a week for work, i'm always tempted to take the bike to have a look.
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Hey guys,
    Would love to come out for ride.
    Is anyone up for it?
    Live in Rowhedge. Can travel. Sunday avvo good for me or anytime if I'm free
    :twisted:
  • Jbond312
    Jbond312 Posts: 1
    Hey guys,

I've just packed up doing trials riding for the past few years and wanted a change of scenery and have just picked up a big hit, is there anywhere in Colchester to go!?
  • DannyUK
    DannyUK Posts: 106
    Im from Colchester too.. Pick the bike up soon, Shall we plan a meet and find some local spots soon??

Could be a good summer!
    All the gear, loads of fear...
  • Helloooo, I live in sunny Sudbury and struggle to find much decent off road in this area, been doing the Mud Sweat and Gears series to get fitter. Thetford is best so far but its not exactly local is it. I would like to tag along if youre going out?
  • DannyUK
    Anyone about this weekend???
  • blackbandit
    blackbandit Posts: 10
    I would but I have the next round of MS&Gs this Sunday in Thetford, where were you thinking of going?
  • Stumbled across this thread, not an mtb'er anymore but always up for 40-50 mile road blasts at the weekend
  • starkee
    starkee Posts: 143
    BLACKBANDIT..... I have sent you a PM 8)
  • blackbandit
    Stumbled across this thread, not an mtb'er anymore but always up for 40-50 mile road blasts at the weekend

Bloomin heck, not sure many MTBers will want to do that kinda distance on the road, can you get some Knobblies on your racer?
  • DannyUK
    Went to Friday Woods in Colchester yesterday and today!

Bike now needs a good clean!

Awesome couple of days though.. Confidence built through both sessions increasing speed round the trails..

Danny
  • gladdice
    gladdice Posts: 59
    Hi

I ride around colchester - normally manage a couple of hours at the weekend when not having fun with wife and child.

I normally head to eight ash green/halstead woods/chitts hill (whatever you want to call it)with the downhill bike and have a play on the drops and jumps there.

Also keen to get out on the hardtail and ride some xc - used to be able to get a good route out to friday woods and then through to rowhedge.

Best place locally is danbury near chelmsford which has miles and miles of singletrack and a great play area with a maze of short donwhill runs. Happy to go there sometime and can provide a lift for a few with car and bike rack.

Final thought is to check out website essxhertsmtb.co.uk which has lots of people who ride in these parts and further.

Joel
    Is the hippo for scuba?
  • blackbandit
    Hello all,
    I have PM`d you all to see if see can arrange a meet in the Colchester area tomoz, if you are up for it we just need to agree a time, meet point, route, duration, watering hole, speed, leader..................................... :roll:

Simon.