GT frame gurantees??

bagseye
bagseye Posts: 6
edited February 2011 in MTB general
Hello

I have a 2008 Outpost which has had little use since I bought it, but took it out recently on a very light trail. The next day I found a 2 inch crack along the lower rear frame.

Does anyone know if GT offer a guarantee? The only contact I have managed to find for them is email via the site and they never get back to you.

Morgan

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Speak to the shop you bought it from.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bagseye wrote:
    Hello

I have a 2008 Outpost which has had little use since I bought it, but took it out recently on a very light trail. The next day I found a 2 inch crack along the lower rear frame.

Does anyone know if GT offer a guarantee? The only contact I have managed to find for them is email via the site and they never get back to you.

Morgan

I'm assuming since it's a 2008 model, it will be out of warranty periods. Pop into the shop you bought it from with the receipt and they should be able to call and ask if it's still covered.
  • thats the problem, it was bought with evans cycles online, in 2008. I spoke with them and recently they have changed their systems. This lost my order history online so as far as they can see, there is no record of the purchase.

But as far as you know there is not a guarantee on the frames?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    5 year warranty on hardtails, 3 on full sus.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • excellent I have to chase this up. thanks for the help
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    If you bought it online then you should have email confirmation of your purchase, along with bank or credit card transaction details.