Canyon sponsoring scheme - savings for a cat 4??

x8swift9x
x8swift9x Posts: 268
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
Couldn't sleep, so I decided to browse online at bikes etc...and I stumbled across this,

http://www.canyon.com/_en/service/sponsoring.html

Have I interperetted this correctly, all you need is a valid racing license and you can save £'s on any of their frames? It makes no mention of ability, results etc.

If that is the case, I can purchase a race license for £60, then save 300 euro on a Ultimate CF frame. Baffled

(I have just woken up, so forgive me if I missed something)
Road: Felt AR0, Di2
Touring/commute: Dolan Multricross
TT: PX Exocet Sold because it was like a sail in the wind (sh*t)

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    That's how it is! Not bad but the sales are far cheaper (when they do them)

It makes the new aeroad very attractive at that price.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Yep as Nap says that is how it goes.

Brilliant deal but a shame they don't do kit to match!
  • I've never really looked at Canyon until 5 mins ago, I can't believe the prices of their framesets!

The Ultimate CF in my size looks like my Cervelo R3, but with a head and steering angle similar to my Colnago CX-1..... The best of both worlds?! With a 300 Euro discount it makes it a bargain!!! :shock:

I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked...........
  • Thanks for the response guys. NapD, do they have sales often? Looks like my next bike will be a canyon, not a cervelo!
  • What's a Cat4? Is that the same as a 4th Cat?
    Expertly coached by http://www.vitessecyclecoaching.co.uk/

http://vineristi.wordpress.com - the blog for Viner owners and lovers!
  • Chip, thats how I meant it yeah. I was getting at the 'valid license' needed only.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I've never really looked at Canyon until 5 mins ago, I can't believe the prices of their framesets!

The Ultimate CF in my size looks like my Cervelo R3, but with a head and steering angle similar to my Colnago CX-1..... The best of both worlds?! With a 300 Euro discount it makes it a bargain!!! :shock:

I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked, I shouldn't have looked...........

Cervelo actually copied Canyon's design.

Was a a court case where Canyon won and so Canyon didn't make Cervelo pull all R3 and R3SL (unsold) they now have a free reign on Cervelo design.
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    Has anyone tried/seen a V-Drome AL? Looks a good price with that discount. If only the sterling:euro exchange rate was better!
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk