Where to get RockShox recon forks serviced?

FOCUS Steve
FOCUS Steve Posts: 3
edited February 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi Folks,

I've decided against trying to service my forks and was wondering if anyone has any recommends of where I can send them off for a decent check-up. Also the lock-out is stuck on the open setting....not able to lock them out.

Cheers

Stevo
FOCUS mad...Blackforest, Thunder 1.0 and Cayo.

WILD trails rule!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • geoff93
    geoff93 Posts: 190
    Either TFtuned or CRC. You can take it down to most shops and they can deal with it for you, meaning you won't need to sit in waiting for it to be picked up, but very few shops will actually service them themselves now'days due to the huge variety of units.
    Trek Madone 3.5 (RS80s, Arione)
    Trek Madone 3.1 (Upgraded)
    Ribble TT Bike
    Trek Mamba (Garry Fisher Collection)
  • coblck
    coblck Posts: 217
    TF tuned give them a call great service used them twice and will be doing so i the future.
    Giant tcr pro ultegra
    Cannondale CAADX GRX 812
    Voodoo Marasa 2011
  • I opened the left fork and took the damper apart...turns out the return spring needed re-attaching...the one fitted for remote lock-out. Anyhow evrything looked in proper working order, but when I fitted back together no lock-out!...I'm guessing the lower O-ring needs replacing....been an adventure even if unsuccessful :lol: . I'll try TFTuned.

Thanks for the tips guys...happy riding!
    FOCUS mad...Blackforest, Thunder 1.0 and Cayo.

WILD trails rule!
  • I've just done mine myself, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be.
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    Loco tuning, people are talking about do it for half the price of tf tuned or mojo.

He seems to get good reviews as well.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    +1 Loco
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer