fill that hole, waste of time?

tim000
tim000 Posts: 718
edited March 2011 in The bottom bracket
any one used the site "fill that hole" i used it a few days ago to report a couple of very bad pot hole on my cycling route. 2 day later it replied that the holes had been fixed. great i thought. today i went out for a ride and suprise suprise the holes were still there , no sign of any work been done . not the sites fault but why are councils reporting them as fixed if they are just going to leave them. :x

Comments

• Write a letter to the cheif executive.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Mister W
    Mister W Posts: 791
    Check your local authority website. They may have their own method for you to report potholes. Ours does and they responded quite quickly when I reported one outside the house.
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    Sirius631 wrote:
    Write a letter to the cheif executive.

And don't let him wiggle out of responsibility.
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    What it does do, is it gets you a ref number and you can see how many others have reported it. It does depend on your local Authority responding, some are a lot better than others. On the hole (he he he) its a good site and works. I notice there is an iphone app now.
  • tim000
    the anoying part is the council are saying they have fixed the holes . blatant lying
  • Ollieda
    Ollieda Posts: 1,010
    at least its a way of getting it reported though, if someone goes down in it now then the council can be liable as they were aware of it. I suppose the argument could come up though that they fixed the reported one and then theres a new one, would depend on the circumstances
  • tim000
    i can feel a tumble coming on :D
  • DCowling
    DCowling Posts: 769
    Never fear, it will soon be March and that means Local authorities go mad to use up budgets before the year end and therefore you will see tarmac gangs all over the place
  • fluff.
    fluff. Posts: 771
    Had a mail from fillthathole the other day, reporting that a hole had been filled in, 3 years after I reported it. Super.
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Apparently it's a very slow method of reporting a pothole and often the pothole has been reported directly and filled long before the FTH report is in.

Example I got was
    1) User Report pothole on A90
    2) FTH reports to P&K Council
    3) 1 week later P&K reject it as not their road please report to Transport Scotland
    4) FTH reports to Transport Scotland
    5) Transport Scotland report to the company responsible for maintaining the road
    6) Company Responsible for maintaining the road go looking for it based on a report of "Pothole between Dundee and Perth"

Starting at step 4 with Road User reports fault to Transport Scotland takes about a day.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days
  • andyxm
    andyxm Posts: 132
    I've reported 2 to fill that hole, both on roads where Wigan Council is responsible for the upkeep, in both cases good quality repairs were carried out within 48 hours.
  • tim000
    rereported them via fill that hole. will see what happens now. 2 seperate sites , both reported as fixed . niether had any work done.thats west cheshire and chester council for you .
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've used the CTC and local council option and the hole reported was filled in 3 days, I'm thinking the hole had already been reported as it seemed far too quick for Bristol city council. The other holes I've be meaning to report have been filled before I've got round to reporting them so they might have upgraded the reporting system to include psychic reports.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    Less than a week and out of the 6 holes reported all filled. (not very well) but have been filled. So it does work. :D
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    pedylan wrote:
    Sirius631 wrote:
    Write a letter to the cheif executive.

And don't let him wiggle out of responsibility.

You could then blame Wiggle! :twisted:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Just reported two holes via the site.
    As I live on a county border, one hole is the responsibility of one council, the other hole another.
    Will be interesting to see who can fill it first (if at all).
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Took about 9/10 months for someone to fix the south end of Lizard Lane in Whitburn after I'd reported a large section of sh!te tarmac and raised drain covers.
    A drawn out affair as South Tyneside Council and Sunderland City Council appeared to be arguing the toss over whose problem it was. Whoever did finally pick up the tab has made a pretty good job of it mind.

Other pot holes I've reported have been "repaired" quicker but invariably with what looks like a shoddy amount of tar. Unsurprisingly these botched jobs are the first to fail.