Conditions Sherwood Pines - 23/02/2011

Phil S 83
Phil S 83 Posts: 8
edited February 2011 in Routes
I'm plannig a trip to Sherwood Pines this weekend. Just wondered if anyone has been in the last few days and could let me know what the conditions are like?
I know it can get rather boggy in places.
Also, does anyone know if the carpark is open/free on Sundays?

Cheers

Phil

Comments

• Just been this last weekend, bit of a slog in some places, but they've made some improvements and hardcored some parts of the trail.
    2009 Kona Stinky and looking for an xc hardtail
  • scarbs85
    scarbs85 Posts: 170
    I was there yesterday (Wed 23). Its muddy for sure, but I've only been twice so don't know if its unusually muddy or just standard muddy. Either way, don't expect to set any record times on the Kitchener. Quite a few diversions in place at the moment too, but good fun was had anyway.
  • Went on Wednesday also. Really muddy in places but only stuck to the Adventure Trail Blue route (fairly new and not brave enough for anything else yet!). Still - it wasn't too challenging so would be tempted to give the Kitchener a go in better conditions.

Thoroughly enjoyable though and combined it with a longer ride from Edwinstowe and back (about 20 miles).
  • With the frequent rain we've been having lately, including a fairly constant downpour last night, I'm guessing the kitchener is going to be exceptionally muddy once everyone has churned it up this weekend. Imo not worth riding until the weather gets a bit better.

I'm heading there today as well, but I'm just going to randomly do bits of the blue route and whatever other singletrack I can find that has not been churned up over and over and over again.

PapaLazar0u, even if you're a beginner (I'm not exactly a skilled rider myself) you'll be able to do the red (kitchener) no problem. As red's go, it's not very technical at all so there's nothing that can really give you a nasty surprise.
  • Thanks for the advice. We had a wander slightly off track and it didn't look particularly challenging so may give it a go for my first 'Red'.