Stolen - Whyte 19C and Orange 5 Pro

thursty
thursty Posts: 10
edited March 2011 in MTB stolen
Just had two bikes stolen. A 2007 Orange 5 Pro with Hope and Performance Pack upgrades. Electric Blue (Custom colour for 2007). Frame size 18". Exposure light bracket on the handlebars. Saddle wasn't on at the time of theft so if its still a whole bike its probably got a cheap saddle on it. Orange serial no is 07-28996GDC

Also a 2010 Whyte 19C in large. Bike is (was) five days old ridden twice for a total of 20 miles so as new. Saddle swapped for Fizik Gobi XM and tyres for Panaracer Cinder 2.1. Frame number W19C00542C60110

Comments

• whereabouts?
  • Fulwood area of Preston. Looks like there have been a string of them recently.
  • Hi thursty,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your bikes. Preston really isn't that far from Chester, where my bikes were stolen, from my (very secure) garage on Monday evening/Tuesday morning. Did you happen to see any suspicious vans hanging around? I've been conducting my own sort of detection investigation as the Police appear to be abit dissinterested. Please do let me know if you can think of any suspicious circumstances that are worth noting.

Kind Regards
    Previously: '96 GT Avalanche + RS Mag21, '97 GT LTS 1, '02 Specialized Enduro Comp, Ellsworth Id Custom Build. '05 Klein Palomino Maverick Custom Build, '09 Specialized Rockhopper Expert

Thieves need their hands chopping off.
  • Hi
    Other than someone following me home from buying the bike last Wednesday (bike was on roof rack) I haven't seen anything unusual. The other thing I keep thinking about was the fact that as I pulled up on my drive on Thursday evening after my first ride on the Whyte there was someone who had been wandering the streets all that day representing a charity asking for people to donate ( I presume he didn't work for the charity but an agency). He was still doing his rounds in the evening. As I pulled onto my drive the comment from the chap who was stood at the end of the drive was 'that looks like a nice expensive bike'. Not that I'm acusing anyone, maybe I'm being paranoid and putting two and two together but seems like a bit dodgy to me. Oh, he was then stood down the other end of my road on his mobile!
    I'll going to do my own investigations because lets just say the insurance will be coming up short, very very short.
    Cheers,
  • Hi Thursty

Sorry to hearyou have had the same bad luck I am calling the poice this weekend and will update on forum if i find anything out, what area of Fulwood? Just about got my insurance sorted but not got the full amount so i have been robbed twice!!

Hope you get sorted on the insurance, the police told me that 30 bikes have gone in our area over the last month and a half so its an organised gang operating in what is a decent area.

They are not your average scum as they used a pillow to break my garage window to muffle the sound!! and bolt crops for the locks.

Let me know if you hear anything
  • thursty
    Hi
    Not far from Blackbull Lane.
    Still waiting to hear from insurance but it won't be for full amount. As one bike was only 5 days old I've basically walked into a bike shop and handed over a large cheque and come out without a bike. Not good. Lesson learned is name everything on your insurance otherwise you'll be £000s worse off.
    Suspect I was followed home as the bike was on the roof of my car. Garage windows and side door now bricked up.
  • Hi Thursty

Vey close to me then, it must be an organised gang trawling up and down, my insurance was shite so I am about 2K down.

Hope plod gets them, you never know! was it Fulwood nick who came out to see you?
  • thursty
    Just been informed insurance will only pay out £500 in total so I'm £5,500 light with no money to replace either bike.

My advice is name bikes on your insurance and don't go with More Than because they're useless t$%ts.
  • noppy
    noppy Posts: 181
    thursty
    you have a PM thursty
  • thursty
    Whyte appeared on eBay and now recovered by police. A number of other bikes suspected to be from Preston area also recovered so if you suspect one of them is yours get in touch with Staffordshire Police. Thought to be bought at auction in Crewe. Orange still missing!