What happened in cycling whilst the forum was dead?

jimmythecuckoo
jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
edited February 2011 in Pro race
... not too much really did it?

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,134
    Well in cycling world:

Steve Cummings won a race
    Cavendish won a race
    Contador was back racing
    Gesink smashed everyone in a TT in Oman
    Tony Martin won in Algarve
    Ricco got sacked
    GB were so-so on the track
    Awang got stabbed through the leg by a splinter

Quite a bit for pre-season.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    Feds request Armstrong samples from AFLD, Vaughters gets in an argument with clinic forum users at cyclingnews then uses Tondo to make a point , Ricco got sacked (unsurprisingly), a few minor races.

cant think of anything else
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Alex Simmons took up strength training.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    there was some cracking track cycling action at Manchester, the mens Keirin was pretty spectacular. DOes anyone know why the Spaniard got 'relegated'? Was it cos he tried to push Niblett out of the way and promptly fell over?

Geraint Thomas had a good individual pursuit race against Rohan Dennis.

Also me and girlfriend have decided we dont like Pendleton anymore after she blamed the poor team sprint perfomance exclusively on Shanaze Reade and had to be reminded that it was she who false started in the first place.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,699
    edited February 2011
    MrTapir wrote:
    there was some cracking track cycling action at Manchester, the mens Keirin was pretty spectacular. DOes anyone know why the Spaniard got 'relegated'? Was it cos he tried to push Niblett out of the way and promptly fell over?

Geraint Thomas had a good individual pursuit race against Rohan Dennis.

Also me and girlfriend have decided we dont like Pendleton anymore after she blamed the poor team sprint perfomance exclusively on Shanaze Reade and had to be reminded that it was she who false started in the first place.

I do! Was there for the whole lot.
    The Spanish guy was relegated for "pushing" Dawson as they ran to the finish.
    A pity, since what really happened was he slipped and shoved an official out of the way.
    Should have go a promotion, I reckon! :lol:

We'd had an introduction of sorts to Shanaze, from Becky, on Friday morning. They are good friends.
    We then bumped into Shanaze on our way out, after the team sprint. She was beside herself. "It's all my fault, I don't know what else can go wrong." were her first words.
    Who was it that had the false start, again?
    If you have gone off Pendleton, read the bottom half of this Manchester analysis:

http://www.velodrome.org.uk/manchester11review.html

I should add, that after some twitter comments in her direction, Vicky P did print an apology for sounding off.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    RichN95 wrote:
    Well in cycling world:

Cavendish won a race
    Contador was back racing
    Ricco got sacked
    Awang got stabbed through the leg by a splinter.

A doping ring was uncovered in Spain (although I'm not sure this counts as news any more)
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:
    Well in cycling world:

Cavendish won a race
    Contador was back racing
    Ricco got sacked
    Awang got stabbed through the leg by a splinter.

A doping ring was uncovered in Spain (although I'm not sure this counts as news any more)

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Although that was only interesting because of the Xavier Tondo angle.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    RichN95 wrote:
    Well in cycling world:

Cavendish won a race
    Contador was back racing
    Ricco got sacked
    Awang got stabbed through the leg by a splinter

Quite a bit for pre-season.

But did not win. Which is surprising considering he races every race to win :roll:
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    We saw (well, in highlights videos) probably the toughest climb of the season until we get the Etna in May - with some surprise results
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    didn't realise something had gone wrong but noticed I got some updates then the threads had gone and seems to have been no updates when viewing the pro cycling forum since last week
  • RichN95.
    We'd had an introduction of sorts to Shanaze, from Becky, on Friday morning. They are good friends.
    We then bumped into Shanaze on our way out, after the team sprint. She was beside herself. "It's all my fault, I don't know what else can go wrong." were her first words.
    If you have gone off Pendleton, read the bottom half of this Manchester analysis:

I should add, that after some twitter comments in her direction, Vicky P did print an apology for sounding off.

That was an impressive result by Varnish/James to beat the 'A team'. It's an Olympic event isn't it? They look good prospects, as team, for 2016.
  • RichN95 wrote:

That was an impressive result by Varnish/James to beat the 'A team'. It's an Olympic event isn't it? They look good prospects, as team, for 2016.

It is indeed.
    A PB for them. Jess V set a UK record split so is in poll position to partner Vicky P in 2012. A ways to go yet though and Shanaze won't conceed without a fight.
    Becky rode her split with an over geared bike. Very surprising for GB to get it wrong.
    Watch this space as they say.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • I got knocked off my bike and have a separated shoulder and ligament damage for my troubles... Fcuker got a huge dent in his driver door though :)
  • victorponf
    victorponf Posts: 1,187
    FJS wrote:
    We saw (well, in highlights videos) probably the toughest climb of the season until we get the Etna in May - with some surprise results

Where? in Oman?

In other hand Andy did something in Andalucia (apart from drink "manzanilla")
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    victorponf wrote:
    FJS wrote:

Where? in Oman?
    6km @ 11% - with 4 13.5 % kms. Approaching Angliru-level figures. In February! Definitely harder than Eibar, Mt Faron, or anything in Paris-Nice or Tirreno. Pity it wasn't broadcast live.
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    FJS wrote:
    victorponf wrote:
    FJS wrote:

Where? in Oman?
    6km @ 11% - with 4 13.5 % kms. Approaching Angliru-level figures. In February! Definitely harder than Eibar, Mt Faron, or anything in Paris-Nice or Tirreno. Pity it wasn't broadcast live.

Surely only a matter of time before Eurosport flips their coverage so Qatar is highlights and Oman is live - makes sense on so many levels.

Of course in an ideal world they'd both be live...
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,033
    Training's training, even if it's in a bunch with a finish line.... :wink:
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    greeny12 wrote:
    Surely only a matter of time before Eurosport flips their coverage so Qatar is highlights and Oman is live - makes sense on so many levels

I suspect this depends more on which other sporting events are occurring in February.