achy breaky back....OW!

2»

Comments

• mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    Stephenite wrote:
    Hello Mudcow

Sorry to hear the old mans disease, the dreaded 'bad back', has struck. I know what you are going through, i suffered an attack of sciatica about 18 months ago. My back completely seized up, and it was bloody murder, i tell you. At one point trying to get ready for a hos. appt I passed out from the pain (and i'm not a fairy honest!).

You should take this seriously as you could be in for a long haul. And you are going to have to learn to speak up when you are talking to your doctor. If you don't want Diazepam why did you walk away with a prescription for Diazepam? In the recurrences i've had i take 2x 500mg paracetemol plus 1x 600mg ibuprofen. This works for me as I don't normally take any medication. If I need anything stronger i'll have a glass or two of wine on top of this. Painkillers, anti-inflammatories and muscle-relaxants = nice.

You shouldn't diss your GP as s/he is probably smarter and more knowledgeable than you are, and just wants to help you. I'm not sure of the rules in the UK anymore, but if you are to utilise the health insurance you have through your job, you will need your GP to refer you for further treatment.

Anyway, take care...

holla!

my back seems to have fiexed it self. i didnt end up taking any medication for it. hopefully it wont re-occur in the future.

i think the original reason for my back pain was due to riding a bike that was way to small causing me to be in a odd position when riding.

since getting my new Tricross i havent had a back twinge (is that a word?)

hope your back gets better

ciao
    Keeping it classy since '83