The forum is back :) what have you done the last few days?

petemadoc
petemadoc Posts: 2,331
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
I've been lurking on the roadbikereview forum reading the sticky Chinese carbon frame threads.

Had to get a fix somewhere :oops:

Comments

• term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I was there as well looking at Chinese carbon rims, small world.
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    Took your advice and went for a ride.

Glad you're back.
  • Ginjafro
    Ginjafro Posts: 572
    I apologise, but the Ginjafro forum is currently unavailable for posting.....
    Giant XTC Pro-Carbon
    Cove Hustler
    Planet X Pro-Carbon
  • I started doing all the things I used to do. Mrs SG worried but all fine now! No problem at all Officer, departs, whistling in a nonchalent manner.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,632
    I actually did some work this week as had nothing better to do.

Never leave me again forum. I missed all your chubby little faces.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • petemadoc
    Term1te wrote:

Are you going to buy any?

I'm torn between buying a cheap Chinese frame and transferring all my parts over to it, buying a Ribble frame and transferring all my parts over or just saving a bit more money and buying a whole new bike :?:
  • gmb
    gmb Posts: 456
    I had to talk to the wife :(
    Trying Is The First Step Towards Failure

De Rosa Milanino :-
    http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab78 ... -00148.jpg
  • markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    GMB wrote:
    I had to talk to the wife :(

Blimey things must be bad! I even went and did the garden!!!!
  • I went to the world track cycling,

and bloomin heck was it warm in there
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    I went to the world track cycling,

and bloomin heck was it warm in there

Me too! And yeh didn't realise it would be that hot in there
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Went on my stag weekend. I'm ruined !!!!
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Term1te wrote:

I'm torn between buying a cheap Chinese frame and transferring all my parts over to it, buying a Ribble frame and transferring all my parts over or just saving a bit more money and buying a whole new bike :?:

I'm very tempted, but there aren't many reviews or information available on the quality, delivery, etc. May just go for it and write my own review? I just find it hard to belive a set of 50 mm deep wheels weighing ca. 1200g (made by me) wouldn't just snap on the first ride. Only one way to find out...
  • Signed up to the genteel surrounding of road cc & made a brief visit back to the argumentative haven of the never wrong bellus endus known as cycle chat
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    B.R. forum down - nowt on t.v. had to dust bike down and go for a few rides, not a happy chappy :x

........as if? :D:D
  • petemadoc
    Term1te wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Term1te wrote:

I'm very tempted, but there aren't many reviews or information available on the quality, delivery, etc. May just go for it and write my own review? I just find it hard to belive a set of 50 mm deep wheels weighing ca. 1200g (made by me) wouldn't just snap on the first ride. Only one way to find out...

Sounds like you're more worried about your wheel building than the rims :lol:

Worth a try tho
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    I've been browsing various Photoshop forum / sites for new and interesting things to do in PS.

Still can't find a forum that's well populated and interesting. Eventually started investigating the artistic filters - something that I've never used or had an interest in using. They're actually not too bad once you realise that most of the tutorials are pish and go it alone. More work to be done, though, methinks.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    Crapaud wrote:
    I've been browsing various Photoshop forum / sites for new and interesting things to do in PS.

I found solice in photoshop too - strange!
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Crapaud wrote:

I found solice in photoshop too - strange!
    Nothing strange about it - all the best people 'do' PS and ride bikes.

You find anything of interest ... or new? It just seems to be the same old, same old from the dawn of the internet. :(
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    I spent most of the week coveting carbon frames that I couldn't afford Once that got to be too much I spent a couple of days researching and writing an article on newspaper paywalls effects on link acquisition /geek

After all of that I went on a domain name buying spree - thanks to the forum going down I'm now £600 lighter and I could have put all of that towards buying a new frame anayway :oops:
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • petemadoc
    Mattsaw wrote:
    I spent most of the week coveting carbon frames that I couldn't afford Once that got to be too much I spent a couple of days researching and writing an article on newspaper paywalls effects on link acquisition /geek

After all of that I went on a domain name buying spree - thanks to the forum going down I'm now £600 lighter and I could have put all of that towards buying a new frame anayway :oops:

Sounds interesting :?

Are you some kind of SEO Jedi? Any tips for 2011 :?:
  • rundle
    rundle Posts: 52
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    I've been lurking on the roadbikereview forum reading the sticky Chinese carbon frame threads.

Had to get a fix somewhere :oops:

Then it's a good thing this forum is back.

Reading Roadbikereview will turn your brain to mush. Quickly.

I'd rather go the dentist.