the alps

ripper316
ripper316 Posts: 2
edited March 2011 in The hub
hi all
i am thinking of going to the alps for a 3 week trip i ride a sunn kerns2,what i would like some help with is will it take the trails and i do know i will have to up grade my rear shock any ideas as to what i should be thinking about getting,also what would be the best tyers for the trails i will be riding,any info would be of great help
thanks
ripper 316

Comments

• jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    The Alps are a big place with riding of every kind and different terrains. If you can narrow it down to a certain area in the Alps or maybe suggest the type of riding you prefer people can give you more information?

Unfortunately I know nothing about riding in the Alps so can offer no help my self. But I would be checking I have all the basics covered. eg a fully functioning and reliable bike, no need for fancy parts just make sure it works. Got the usual spare parts and maps suitable clothing for epic days on the bike and you should be fine.

If you are new to the whole thing and don't know where to start maybe look at booking a tour with a guide or travel agency?
  • I am off on my first Alps riding holiday this year and the main advise I have been given is make sure the bike is fully functional, get your LBS to give it a good going over. Take plenty of spare tubes, brake pads and some spare tyres. Your bike will be fine, no need to start uprating shocks.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    jairaj wrote:
    The Alps are a big place
    You're not kidding :lol: