BBC cycling coverage

sonny73
sonny73 Posts: 2,203
edited February 2011 in Pro race
I spotted this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/cycling/6155366.stm
The Tour de France, road and track World Championships and the Manchester World Cup event all feature on the BBC in 2011.
Does anyone know what sort of TdF coverage the BBC are allowed to show, what with ITV having the terrestrial rights until 2013 I thought it was?

Comments

• inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    BBC Radio 5 covers the Tour De France so it may mean that.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    They do audio commentary on Five Live/Five Live Extra, so that's probably what they're referring to. It doesn't say BBC TV.
  • sonny73
    Ah cheers, yes good points both, it didn't cross my mind they would cover it on the radio :oops:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    I believe there is a BBC live-blog on the Tour too.
  • graeme_s-2
    I think that's right. Must say, when I'm at work I tend to get all my live TdF coverage from the BBC :oops:
  • rick_chasey
    Graeme_S wrote:
    I think that's right. Must say, when I'm at work I tend to get all my live TdF coverage from the BBC :oops:

:shock:

Not the forum?

Outrageous behavior.
  • sonny73
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Didn't realise they have a live blog for the Tour too. When at work I use the ES live tracker.
  • rick_chasey
    Sonny73 wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Didn't realise they have a live blog for the Tour too. When at work I use the ES live tracker.

I got to Sporza.

Funnily enough, I became accutely aware of what Van den Broeck was doing at any time last year.
  • graeme_s-2
    Graeme_S wrote:

:shock:

Not the forum?

Outrageous behavior.
    I do use the forum as well, but sometimes people on it are watching on TV and assume that everyone else is to, so you get more commentary without a description of what's actually happening!
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I can imagine what a balls-up they'll make of Le Tour ....