Did you fix a puncture for someone today?

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
If you did and she was female and it was near Canning Town Station I would like to thank you, that was my girlfriend commuting to work and it was her first puncture.

It must have made you late for work, I'm sorry about that...but thanks again, you're a true gentleman.

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    If you did and she was female and it was near Canning Town Station I would like to thank you, that was my girlfriend commuting to work and it was her first puncture.

It must have made you late for work, I'm sorry about that...but thanks again, you're a true gentleman.
    Tenner says she's late home from work tonight, after this 'gent' helped her out. Wonder if he'd have helped a big burly bloke with tattoos & a beard. Or a hat & beard, if ever there could be such a thing.

:)
  • CiB wrote:

Tenner says she's late home from work tonight, after this 'gent' helped her out. Wonder if he'd have helped a big burly bloke with tattoos & a beard. Or a hat & beard, if ever there could be such a thing.

You've met CleverPun then :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • navt
    navt Posts: 374
    You let your GF cycle to work. Are you mad?
  • You know what, she was late home! The tyre kept going down and she had to keep stopping to pump it up. The spare I had given her was a Presta valve, I think she may have broken it initially trying to inflate it, I've just inspected it and no way was it ever going to hold air. Two more people stopped to assist her, both said "that's a funny valve" I've never seen them before! Of course I got the blame for putting the 'wrong' type of tube in her bag, I've just ordered two schrader tubes for her as well as two Marathon Pluses....this episode has cost me £55. She's still 'stressed' over the whole issue....I'm having a glass of red while waiting for the patch to fix.....

Fun and games!...................
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    CiB wrote:
    Or a hat & beard, if ever there could be such a thing.

oi leave me out of this. :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    hatbeard wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    Or a hat & beard, if ever there could be such a thing.

oi leave me out of this. :lol:

What you have a hat? :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    CiB wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • You know what, she was late home! The tyre kept going down and she had to keep stopping to pump it up. The spare I had given her was a Presta valve, I think she may have broken it initially trying to inflate it, I've just inspected it and no way was it ever going to hold air. Two more people stopped to assist her, both said "that's a funny valve" I've never seen them before! Of course I got the blame for putting the 'wrong' type of tube in her bag, I've just ordered two schrader tubes for her as well as two Marathon Pluses....this episode has cost me £55. She's still 'stressed' over the whole issue....I'm having a glass of red while waiting for the patch to fix.....

Fun and games!...................

Nudge nudge wink wink...