Anybody had dealings with this firm?

Deb13b
Deb13b Posts: 17
edited February 2011 in Commuting general
Have any of you had dealings with mybeautifulbike.com ? They have what I'm looking for, and in my size apparently. Or at least they will when they get a delivery some time this month. I checked out their fb page but there's nothing been put on there since last summer. The man I emailed said they do 2 sizes and the smallest one sounds right for me. The bike looks lovely, the only thing wrong with it is it doesn't have dynamo lights, which I can live with !

Comments

• Deb13b
    Just heard back from them, the supplier in holland can't give them a date for when they will get them, bugger. :cry: I'm having no luck at all finding a bike that's small enough for me.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    How about this?

smallbike_pa.jpg
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Deb13b
    It's the wrong colour lol
  • Why don't you head down to your nearest Decathlon?
  • Deb13b
    My nearest decathlon is 120 miles away. I'm just going to have to see what turns up, if anything. The 2nd hand ones I've seen on eBay and gumtree are always at the other end of the country. So I will just keep looking, have to put my spring cycling plans on hold ! I'm very impatient, when I get an idea in my head I want it doing immediately lol
  • EKE_38BPM
    Deb13b wrote:
    It's the wrong colour lol

Is this any better?

2s6k5yo.jpg

• Deb13b
    That's perfect ! I'm so pleased you're helping lol !
  • EKE_38BPM
    That bike is a brakeless fixie. Get rid of the stabilisers and fit slicks and you'll have a mean machine!

I understand that you might not want to buy a bike without riding it, but Decathlon deliver (I've been told). Maybe not what you want for a bike, but worth bearing in mind for bits.

What kind of bike are you after? Commuting General is a bit quiet compared to Commuting Chat. Ask your question over there and you'll probably get more help, rather than me posting silly pictures like this.big-girl-small-bike.jpg
    Where in the country are you? Local knowledge is a powerful thing.

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    How about this?

smallbike_pa.jpg

I checked - they only have them in medium.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • EKE_38BPM
    WHERE DID MY LATEST PICTURE GO???!!!???
    Is this North Korea or something?

big-girl-small-bike.jpg

• EKE_38BPM
    For some reason the last picture was missing and I thought the mods had removed it. Appears I was wrong.

• dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Deb13b wrote:
    Have any of you had dealings with mybeautifulbike.com ? They have what I'm looking for, and in my size apparently. Or at least they will when they get a delivery some time this month. I checked out their fb page but there's nothing been put on there since last summer. The man I emailed said they do 2 sizes and the smallest one sounds right for me. The bike looks lovely, the only thing wrong with it is it doesn't have dynamo lights, which I can live with !

Never heard of them. There are plenty of reputable on-line bike stores to buy from if you are intent on buying without trying. I wouldn't myself, but then people are even prepared to buy shoes on line without first trying them :roll: .

As has been suggested provide us with some more info like where you are in the country and some one can point you toward a good LBS.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.