Capital to Coast 2011

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,120
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
Anyone doing this? What's the (60 mile non-circular) route like? I'm told it's not too bad, one evil climb but otherwise OK

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• Did this last year on my MTB when the temperature hit 34 degrees, my longest ride up till then was my 24 mile round trip commute to work (so only 12 miles each way). Devils Dyke is the hardest climb at the end but a great downhill run from there down to Hove. The event is really well organised with regular drink and food stops and no way near as busy as the London to Brighton.

For me its was one of the toughest things I had done for years plus the fact I weighed about 19.5 st and the heat that day didn't make it ideal, but I loved every minute of it, still thinking about doing it this year.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Linky? Too lazy to google!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • EKE_38BPM wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=capital+to+coast+2011&l=1

8)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • secretsam
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

honestly, some people :lol:

Just copy the title of the thread into Yahoo if you're too lazy to goggle

• secretsam
    Did this last year on my MTB when the temperature hit 34 degrees, my longest ride up till then was my 24 mile round trip commute to work (so only 12 miles each way). Devils Dyke is the hardest climb at the end but a great downhill run from there down to Hove. The event is really well organised with regular drink and food stops and no way near as busy as the London to Brighton.

For me its was one of the toughest things I had done for years plus the fact I weighed about 19.5 st and the heat that day didn't make it ideal, but I loved every minute of it, still thinking about doing it this year.

LOL, well that makes me feel better about my total lack of fitness. Right, I think I'm in. Anyone else up for it?

• good ride this one, lots of nice small country lanes, and not so many participants that you can;'t have a fast ride if you want to.
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    The climb up to Devil's Dyke is much easier than Ditchling Beacon on the London to Brighton route. Nicer roads, too.

Rob