Giro Ionos advice?

dirkdiggler69
dirkdiggler69 Posts: 118
edited February 2011 in Road buying advice
hi all,
i was wondering about the sizing on the giro ionos.
i'am just at the top end of the medium size range and the medium fits ok.
however i could do with knowing if the large size is a larger shell or just a larger retention system.
the medium seemed to sit quite high on my head so i got to thinking if the shell on the large is bigger it may look better?

Comments

• I posted something on this a while back - then tried the lid in a large and just found it not as comfortable as I'd hoped (given that the Zen fits me like a glove). Just make sure you try it.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    They are a big helmet aren't they. I have a Medium size and it fits fine but the actual shell is larger than I'd like it.
  • rokkala
    rokkala Posts: 649
    Go with the smallest version you can get away with.
  • Brian B
    Brian B Posts: 2,071
    I have quite a small head and the medium at at its tightest setting is just about right for me. I could not get away with the small though unfortunately. Its a great helmet though and very comfortable and although quite a large shell its not as big as some of the helmets out there.
    Brian B.
  • Like road and MTB frames........the smaller of 2 sizes is better.

One caveat, when it's cold I like to have a cycling hat or if really cold, an earband under my hlemet so leave room for that if you do the same.

For hat clearance i was forced to get a Large Ionos, which really is a big brain bucket. At 275 grams it ain't light either but I'd rather have it on my head than an Atmos or a ProLight.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,471
    If you are in between sizes for Giro or Bell then try Met (e.g. the Stradivarius or Sine Thesis). They run a little smaller, so if a Medium Giro is a little small then a large Met might be a better fit than a large Giro.