Why All The Doom & Gloom?

Mark Elvin
Mark Elvin Posts: 997
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
Cheer up you miserable buggers, take a look at the Commuting Chat forum, how many doom &/or gloom threads?
2012 Cannondale Synapse

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Quite happy, me :D
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    +1

To many people to busy filming doom and gloom these days.

Apart from the Brompton racing and handcuffs thread (be it not as exciting as one hoped) its pretty miserable out there!
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    The internet only exists for two reasons, and the only one of those you can participate in while at work is moaning about stuff to people who generally couldn't give a flying one.
  • All's for the best in this, the best possible of all worlds!
  • Zachariah wrote:
    All's for the best in this, the best possible of all worlds!

Oh. God. Now we really ARE screwed.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    No doom and gloom here, good moments and bad moments.....but generally, very good!

:-)
  • Marcus_C
    Marcus_C Posts: 183
    I'm not gloomy, I have a new bike which I love, the weather's keeping pretty good, the wind's gone away and i've been reeling off pretty quick times and worthy scalps.
    - Genesis Equilibrium Athena
    - Cannondale CAADX Force/105/Rival
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Indeed, given my lot at work are about as sympathetic as Gengis Kahn i find it hard to rant about anything.

Anyway, fun stuff is often done away from the computer. Miserable stuff often on it.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    On a more positive note it wasn't properly dark for the ride home tonight so the end of the long dark and the gloom it brings forth is coming to an end. Also, I took a roadie's scalp on my hybridised MTB, to be fair he'd probably just come out of hibernation but a scalps a scalp. I'm going to be proper fast when I put the semi-slicks back on.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Just taken my lights off for the commute home - must be spring :)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Just taken my lights off for the commute home - must be my really short hours :)

:wink: