2011 Giant TCR Composite 1

chewymk4
chewymk4 Posts: 128
edited March 2011 in Your road bikes
My new TCR Composite 1
Not had chance to ride it yet due to a mixture of the bad weather and illness but as soon as the roads dry out it's game on! :-)

Ditched the stock saddle (sofa??!!) and repaced it with a Specialized Romin Expert
Wheels changed from DT R1900's to Dura Ace 7850 CL's
Tyres changed from Michelin Dynamic's to Pro 3 Race

Shimano A600 pedals and Cateye Strada wireless computer added

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

:D
[url][/url]Giant Defy Advanced SL 1 2014
Genesis Equilibrium custom build
Trek Fuel EX 9 2010

http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=cb784&r=3&c=6&u=M&g=p&f=bcodefjlhk&z=a.png

Comments

• Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Very nice. Some real nice detailing. Have you had anything anodized yourself/bought parts or did it come with like that stock?

You may wish to move the computer mount on the fork to the front rather than rear-facing.
  • chewymk4
    All the anodised parts are standard.
    Quite lucky that the Dura Ace spoke nipples match too!

Just fitted the comp as per the instructions. Not had a problem in the past so any good reason to move it? cheers
    Trek Fuel EX 9 2010

• emx
    emx Posts: 164
    chewymk4 wrote:
    Just fitted the comp as per the instructions. Not had a problem in the past so any good reason to move it? cheers

it's one of those problems that everybody warns you about - but nobody has ever actually seen it happen....

Nice looking bike, by the way....
  • Nice bike!

How do you like the Romin?
  • chewymk4
    Not done any miles on this bike at all but tried out a Romin saddle on my brother's bike and it seemed very comfy. He swears by his.
    Would put it on my winter bike to try it out if it wasn't white! lol
    Trek Fuel EX 9 2010

• galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Nice
    A few more pictures would be nice :wink:
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • weight ?! :P
  • leedsmjh
    leedsmjh Posts: 196
    emx wrote:
    chewymk4 wrote:

it's one of those problems that everybody warns you about - but nobody has ever actually seen it happen....

Nice looking bike, by the way....

Theory has it that if if the sensor comes loose and it's forward facing then it just gets knocked harmlessly out of the way by a passing spoke, but if it's backward facing it could get horribly caught up in the spokes. Can't comment if that latter would actually happen but the I certainly had a forward-facing sensor come loose a couple of weeks back, and it did indeed fall harmlessly out of the way

Beautiful bike btw
  • leeroy72
    leeroy72 Posts: 330
    Nice bike, very stylish... 8)
    Find your limits...and then exceed them frequently
  • That really is a beauty. It makes my Giants look outdated.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Very nice bike, agree with comment on comp sensor-whether the theory is right or not - best to avoid a potential accident, than become one.
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Nice.. me likey.. great choice of wheels. Is your brother filled with envy? 8)
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • chewymk4
    Cheers for the advice on the sensor guys. Will swap it round tomorrow.

Will update with a weight when I get chance to ride into work and use the scales!
    Will also update on the Romin after I've put a few miles in - could be May or June though the way things are looking weather wise at the moment! :-(
    Trek Fuel EX 9 2010

• Elio
    Elio Posts: 63
    Great looking bike! Love the red details. (Too many spacers though... 8) )
  • chewymk4
    Now that the roads are dry (for the first time in weeks!!) i finally managed to turn a wheel on the Giant this morning.
    Unfortunately this was only on my 1/2 mile commute to work so can't really comment in detail.
    What i can say is that it picks up so much faster than my ususal bike and seems a lot more nimble.
    The Romin saddle is noticably more comfortable than my old perch and am looking forward to putting some miles in on it to see how it fares over distance.

Also managed to weigh the bike on some calibrated scales this morning and the bike came in at 7.7kg (17lb) inc pedals so pretty pleased with that.
    Trek Fuel EX 9 2010

• fuzzbear
    fuzzbear Posts: 112
    Good looking bike! what size frame is it?
  • chewymk4
    Frame is a medium
    Trek Fuel EX 9 2010

• c0ugars
    c0ugars Posts: 202
    this makes my giant look heavy and slow.

very nice bike though never noticed the spokes nipple until you mentioned it nice detailing there
  • Berk Bonebonce
    Berk Bonebonce Posts: 1,245
    The contemporary TCR identifies with the original TCR of the 1990s much more strongly than the TCR's of a few years ago. And it is hard to believe that sloping top tubes did not exist on road bikes before the original Giant TCR.