Mavic Ksyrium Elite/Equipe

beefcake2
beefcake2 Posts: 157
edited February 2011 in Road buying advice
Hello

I want to upgrade my wheels and have found both the Equipe and Elite wheels on Merlin for a good price. The question is at just over 100Kg will these wheels be strong enough or should I go the hanbuilt route like Open Pro's on Ultegra hubs?

My current bike has 105 wheels and these have been fine.

Cheers

Gary

Comments

• I bought a pair of the Elite when I was nearly up at that weight :shock: They didn`t collapse under the pressure :D still round and true, and I`m now down to 77kg and still dropping (slowly) :wink: Great wheels.
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    I've got a set of equipes and I'm around that weight. Have been over, have been under. They're still running true and I've been impressed with them.
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • Just bought a pair of 2011 equipes, 6500 Ultegra 9-speed cassette and a pair of Schwalbe Ultremo R1's (2010) from Merlin for £308! :D
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I weigh 100kg and have just come back from running my Elites over the cobblestones of Flanders for the last 3 days so they are pretty tough. However I have also had a spoke snap for no apparent reason whilst rolling at 5mph on tarmac!
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • I'm around 95kg and I've been using the Equipes as London winter commute wheels.
    As you'd imagine, they've had a fairly hard time, but have held up very well.

Recommended.