Green MTB disc hubs similar to hope ?

mattyboy199
mattyboy199 Posts: 627
edited October 2012 in MTB buying advice
As title where can i find these ? havent seen any.

Thanks

Matt
Show me your green bits i might buy them !

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Similar??? Let's see. Made from metal - check. Have holes for spokes - check. Made for MTB use - check. Freehub - check. Good quality bearings - check. Nice finish - check.
    Has a axle - check. Comes in a nice box - check. They look pretty much like each other - check. Similar??? Was that really a question???
  • similar in colour, if you dont already know Green hope gear is for sponsored riders only. If i needed a description of what a hub looked like i would have titled my post that.
    Show me your green bits i might buy them !
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    similar in colour, if you dont already know Green hope gear is for sponsored riders only. If i needed a description of what a hub looked like i would have titled my post that.

I don't know anything about green or Hope hubs except that most likely they look pretty much like any other hub. You did use the word similar, with a question mark behind it.
    They are hubs, for mountain bikes. What else do you need to know? :wink::wink:
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Tune? Very pricey, but much better and louder than Hope.

http://www.poshbikes.com/product.php?id=17
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • dan1502
    dan1502 Posts: 568
    Goldtec will do custom colours. They're quieter than Hope too.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy
  • silver hope hubs sent off to Steve the anodizing man and anodized green
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • Hi i in process of buidling a Kinesis 29er Green frame i wanted all green parts frame B/B chain set , hubs and rims,
    In my past ihave built motor bikes, super moto's that look stunning so push bike as i call it is i very simple think!!!!!
    After buying Hope brakes for years, i then found they will not supply all green hubs or brakes!!!!, what a joke!!!!.
    I hope when the Japs and the Americans put Hope out of business , They make think were they went wrong!!!!!.
    Try Project 321 in the states for the green hubs and they do green rims too there also on U Tube and there better!!!
    I have always bought as close to home as possible to keep business going locally , But they guy who owns Hope must be a complete Donkey!!!!!!!. ( or as they say in the trade a Horses Hoof!!!!!! Mr Hope).
    Its like saying Rolex who sponsor the golf and the Tennis only supply green submariners to Players, they don't there for sale to every guy or girl to buy in the high street. Its the name that is the pedigree not the colour !!!!!!.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Hi i in process of buidling a Kinesis 29er Green frame i wanted all green parts frame B/B chain set , hubs and rims,
    In my past ihave built motor bikes, super moto's that look stunning so push bike as i call it is i very simple think!!!!!
    After buying Hope brakes for years, i then found they will not supply all green hubs or brakes!!!!, what a joke!!!!.
    I hope when the Japs and the Americans put Hope out of business , They make think were they went wrong!!!!!.
    Try Project 321 in the states for the green hubs and they do green rims too there also on U Tube and there better!!!
    I have always bought as close to home as possible to keep business going locally , But they guy who owns Hope must be a complete Donkey!!!!!!!. ( or as they say in the trade a Horses Hoof!!!!!! Mr Hope).
    Its like saying Rolex who sponsor the golf and the Tennis only supply green submariners to Players, they don't there for sale to every guy or girl to buy in the high street. Its the name that is the pedigree not the colour !!!!!!.
    Awesome thread resurrection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I THINK you forgot CAPS aNd colour to GO wiTh your rant.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And just for good measure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Colour. Awesomes. Just not green.
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I disagree, more green parts would be good!

Tune green though, not Superstar/Hope green.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    njee20 wrote:
    I disagree, more green parts would be good!

Tune green though, not Superstar/Hope green.

I actually really like hope green, its shame my old X2's were pretty poor performers compaired to the xt's, cos looks wise the hopes looked amazing!!

Not too keen om tune green tbh, which is a shame cos they'll most likely be my next hubs
  • njee20
    I like the green, but wouldn't use the hubs again!
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    These: http://www.industrynine.net/Hubs

Hubs: Awesome.
    Colour: Green.

Checks all the boxes Id say.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • EH_Rob
    EH_Rob Posts: 1,134
    benpinnick wrote:
    These: http://www.industrynine.net/Hubs

Hubs: Awesome.
    Colour: Green.

Checks all the boxes Id say.

Excellent value for money too...
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I don't think he's really interested in options, just wanted to vent inanely about the Japanese and Yanks taking over the world.
    I think he may be in a time warp.If someone mentions the Chinese his head will probably explode.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • njee20
    Excellent value for money too...

Can't work out if you're serious? :?

If so, by what measure?

They're Chris King/DT240 money, heavier than both (significantly more than 240s), similar engagement to the former (or the latter with upgraded star ratchets) but without the bearing guarantee.

They're good, of course, but I'd not particularly call them 'excellent value'.
  • EH_Rob
    My sarcasm didn't translate very well.
  • njee20
    Aaah, I see! Well they're not that expensive, so they're not bad value for money (compared to other options)!
  • EH_Rob
    Actually they're not that bad, I didn't notice the first time the price was for a hubset. So no, not horrendous.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Lets be honest, they're pretty bad value for money, but the do look and sound awesome, and I'd still like a set. Their green is a really good green too.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    It is not lime green, ergo it is the wrong green
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    njee20 wrote:
    I like the green, but wouldn't use the hubs again!

Any reason njee? Always thought they looked very tarty; but I've not heard much about performance.
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • njee20
    I had a Kong Superscharf rear hub which wasn't user serviceable (carbon axle, with bonded end caps, bought from Posh Bikes and all he said to me was that it had ti freehub internals), which for a hub is a fairly insane design point. This meant that when the freehub disintegrated (completely) after 9 months, I had to unbuild my wheel, send the hub back, pay £90 for a service, then rebuild my wheel. This happened just under a year later. I was not amused.

I understand they've sorted it now, and can be serviced, but freehubs are prone to cracking, the solution is to buy their heavier and more expensive ti freehub body. Not an avenue I'm in a rush to go down again! My A2Zs are only 20g heavier, are more reliable and are cheaper as a pair than a Tune front hub!