First Day on SS

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
Well, today was my first day commuting on my converted Raleigh Elan. Really enjoyed it, though the original saddle does feel a little strange, and the control a little twitchy, but will get used to it.

Love the look of the bike, and it did feel faster than the Tricross.

Does anyone know where I can get hood covers for Exage brakes?
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• Good work, Sir. As for the Hood covers, I *think* that most of the Shimano SLR brake levers took the same hoods, do they look anything like this?

http://www.sjscycles.co.uk/shimano-shim ... -prod4594/
  • Wallace1492
    Cheers UE, will check that out later.... mine seem smaller than those on the link. Was needing them in purple!!
  • Cheers UE, will check that out later.... mine seem smaller than those on the link. Was needing them in purple!!

fruit_tart.jpg
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I wouldn't have thought Glasgow was flat enough for SS.

Go go gearless :P
  • Wallace1492
    suzyb wrote:
    I wouldn't have thought Glasgow was flat enough for SS.

Go go gearless :P

It's fine Suzy, Maryhill Road is OK, just avoid the potholes and it is flat enough.... Though would not want to head out further afield, the SS could get me to the bottom of the Crow Road, but not up it!

UE..... Fruit Flan?... have some lovely purple tape for it, just need the matching purple hood covers..... ;)
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    You should change your route. Byers Road/ Great George St/ Woodlands Road.

Don't worry about the hill. You just need to push harder.

Nae tother a baw!
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Maryhill Road? With purple brake covers ? Watch out for the bricks :wink:
  • Glasgow's ok to cyle around; I often bring the bike through - visit friends on Argyle Street and others in Partick - the one bit I don't much like is the right-angled bend going from St. Vincent Street up to Blythswood Square. If the light's red I'll get off and push!
    Unwashed (but well-lubricated) fixed thing, jeans, DMs - FCN 7(?)
  • Glasgow be damned, I spotted three SS's in Sheffield today. Rather them than me, I'd need a silly granny ring to get up the 900' climb home.