Ambrosio Nemesis tubular and box tubs Q's

Waynenio
Waynenio Posts: 231
edited February 2011 in Amateur race
Am thinking about getting a pair made for all year round road racing for the £400 marker. Got a few sets of wheels, deep rims etc, but not got a good pair of box wheels.

Has anyone get a set and what do they think? I know they are bulletproof (double as a cross wheel), are used by the majority of Pro teams over Parius roubaix. I know they are not the lightest, but I want a pair of wheels to last. But are they quick in comparison to other box tubs on the market?

Can anyone recommend a good tubular box wheel?

Scott Scale Comp 29er - Training Machine
Giant XTC 29er - Race Machine

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    There are few rims like the Nemesis left in production - previously there were Mavic SSCs or Campagnolo Sigma Pave. Strength of the wheel will depend on who built them, but they remain popular for the likes of RvV and Flanders because there are so strong - they would certainly be strong enough for cross, which IME isn't quite as tough on wheels because of the cushion from the big tyres. 'Quickness' isn't really an attribute for any conventional rim because it really depends on the legs driving them!
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Waynenio
    Cheers fella. Very helpful info.
    Do you think they would suit RR for this country... Yorkshire roads?

Do you know of anything else in the tubular range that do good box wheelset, not deep rim?

• markos1963
    markos1963 Posts: 3,724
    Aren't the Crono F20 rims a bit lighter and suitable for non cobble roads(got that from the Wheelsmith site)?
  • Waynenio
    haha yeah, Derek from wheelsmith is going to be building mine.

Ta V much. Read the websoye better next time waynenio