Endura Customer Services Plug

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
Just thought I'd say how pleased I was with Endura Customer Services. I posted a 'rant' a couple of weeks ago because my 14 month old Flyte jacket had taped seams that were coming adrift inside the arms, despite me washing and caring for it in accordance with the manufacturers instructions.

I took the jacket back to the place or purchase as instructed by Endura, they sent it off for examination, and this morning I received a brand new jacket in the post direct from Endura.

Top service guys, just hope this one stays together!

Comments

• Yeah they're good, my 2009 rebound jacket's zip failed, emailed Endura and got a nice email back from a lady called Ann. She said that as their gear was seasonal they don't strictly adhere to a minimum 12 mths warranty. Suggested I took it into a dealer (took it to a local shop as bought it from CRC and didn't fancy sorting this out by email) - Cycleworld in Portsmouth. Two weeks later got a call - new jacket waiting for me. Top Marks!
  • a lady called Ann. She said that as their gear was seasonal they don't strictly adhere to a minimum 12 mths warranty.

Yep, that's who I spoke to and that's what she told me!
  • I had to fight long and hard not to have my overshoes sent back to be examined despite the fact that they failed in about 4 weeks and were utter rubbish. They eventually agreed to replace them after the saleman had visited and seen them. They're not exactly pricey things.

With 3 bits of rubbish from them, I honestly wouldn't touch Endura again.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    stuff I've bought from endura, how good was it and how is it lasted..

Thermlite base layer...not breathable...still have it, good if it is v cold. Tend not to wear on the bike
    3/4 Roubaix shorts...great product, just right for cold spring mornings. Still in operation
    Clip biblongs....great product, nice details like the neoprene splash guard. Got two pairs, still have them. Warm, so winter use only

lycra knee warmers...don't keep knees warm, don't stay in position, waste of time.
    FS 260 Pro bibshorts...totally brilliant, so wickable then keep you dry under a coat in a rain storm. Got two pairs, one binned this year, one still ok

Windtex jacket...windproof, a bit warm/sweaty but pretty good. Got given a similar but better Assos 851 top and so sold this

Neoprene Overshoes...lasted about a year of commuting then fell to bits. Won't be getting another pair

Two pairs of replacement FS260 Pro bibshorts...surprise! the name is the same but pad is now some kind of massive sponge. Utterly useless on long hot rides (which is why I got them) Not impressed.

Overall, Endura do do some good things but are an "unreliable" brand. Tends to make stuff that is too warm/ not wickable enough.

Aldi is cheaper and Gore Bikewear is better.