Wiggle - Fair Play

mattsaw
mattsaw Posts: 907
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
I know they get some stick on here, but I ordered some bits and pieces yesterday around lunchtime. There was a package waiting on my doorstep at 9am this morning. I only chose standard delivery. All present and correct. :)
Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
Strava

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I blame Wiggle for this.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • +1 for wiggle :shock:
  • I buy quite a lot of stuff from them & generally never have an issue - to be fair a few items I ordered were not in stock but they did send me an email saying there was going to be a delay. Then a further email to say their supplier could not or would not get the items to them for a minimum of 1 month. Which allowed me the option to cancel that part of the order if I wanted to. I did and bought a similar item from wiggle which they did get to be pretty quickly.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    I placed an order on Thursday and paid 3.99 for priority dispatch cos I wanted a few bits for this weekend. I wandered if the stuff would have come next day with free delivery anyway.

A lesson learned I guess.
  • jj1048
    jj1048 Posts: 107
    Placed order with free delivery on Thursday and it turned up Firday.

Maybe they've been reading this forum.
  • I love Wiggle, they're one of the really good ones, in my opinion. They're superb when it comes to returns too - even refunding your postage costs automatically.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Apart from Speed_King I'm not sure who gives them stick? :lol:

I can see at least 2 bags of haribo from where I'm sitting, amazing service, no quibble returns & if you get your timing right great prices etc etc
  • Dudu
    Dudu Posts: 4,637
    Mattsaw wrote:
    I know they get some stick on here, but I ordered some bits and pieces yesterday around lunchtime. There was a package waiting on my doorstep at 9am this morning. I only chose standard delivery. All present and correct. :)

That's my experience with Wiggle. Stuff I order always turns up promptly.
    not seen haribo for a long time and standard delivery normally takes 3 - 4 days for me.
  • They are very good, I just think that because of the amount of orders they take forums only ever hear about the ones they mess up, it does happen. Nice one for posting the positives.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I ordered a Three Wolf Moon T-shirt from Amazon on Thursday, chose standard 3-5 day free delivery, and it was delivered next day. Nothing to do with bikes, mind.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Agent57 wrote:
    I ordered a Three Wolf Moon T-shirt from Amazon on Thursday, chose standard 3-5 day free delivery, and it was delivered next day. Nothing to do with bikes, mind.

Are you going to post a review of these T-shirts?
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    jimmypippa wrote:
    Agent57 wrote:

If it lives up to the hype. I'm not sure it will. I wore it last night and got called a nerd. ;)
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • jimmypippa
    edited February 2011
    Agent57 wrote:
    jimmypippa wrote:

If it lives up to the hype. I'm not sure it will. I wore it last night and got called a nerd. ;)

For anyone wearing that T-shirt, "nerd" would be a compliment, as that at least implies competence in some field. "Dweeb" would be the best to hope for.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    From Amazon, fpmsl.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Three- ... B002DGFYFA
    I have seen many t-shirts in my time - almost five - but none have inspired me in quite the same way.

One wolf is a luxury; two, pure decadence; but three? 'Surely no man wields such a mighty chest as to be able to harness these averagely transferred beasts?' thought I. But if mine were such a chest then perhaps womenfolk might gaze upon me and say 'Oooh'.

Sweating, I began furiously hitting the keys to place an order (not from Amazon, mind), there was not a moment to lose. 'There must be a Large left! There must be!'

There was.

I powered through the rest of the order like a man possessed with the spirit of a man really trying to order something quickly. I whipped out my credit card, but was instantly struck cold with the realisation that this plastic friend was at his limit. I reached down for another card, but that was for my current account, and there were Albanian shell suit merchants that had more money than could be found there. A third attempt only produced a Tesco Clubcard in the name of Mrs Olga Legg. Very odd.

What was going on? Did God hate me? Why was I being presented with such majesty, only to have its miniature form mock me on this screen, with no hope of ever securing one of my very own? I was running out of options like Mrs Legg was running out of opportunities for discounted beans.

Then I remembered; my savings! I could prize the cash from there and still have enough to buy a small doughnut in 2017, interest rates permitting. Result! I hit the last few buttons like an insolent child. Finally, it was done. And then came the wait...

Four days passed. Five. Six, seven. 'There must be a problem. It's been too long.' The second T-shirtless week came around like an unwanted relative. I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. 'What if I entered the wrong address?' No, I had already checked that. 'What if there were none left in stock?' No, they would have told me, surely. 'What if the Royal Mail sorting office had been taken over by squirrels, demanding equality for rodents?' Possibly just the wrong side of unlikely.

Suddenly, the doorbell went. Now I really was nervous. Only once before had I been so nervous about cotton-based goods, and that was just a baseball cap that had a picture of an indifferent tortoise on it. This time it was wolves. Howling wolves. Three of them. And a moon. And probably some brief washing instructions.

I ran to the door and flung it open. When the postman had finished soiling himself, he leant forward awkwardly to hand over the parcel, trying admirably not to empty the contents of his trousers on my porch. It was here!

I can honestly say I've never looked back. I don't wear anything else. Literally. Sure, I've been arrested in every major supermarket for being naked from the waist down and limited washing has meant that I smell faintly of mushroom, but the wolves are a greater power and I no longer recognise Earth's laws.

If you embrace nothing else in your life, dear reader, embrace this T-shirt. If you don't, small girls will laugh at you in the street, you'll be denied service at most leading fast-food outlets, and you'll almost certainly be refused entry to Butlins.
  • jimmypippa
    Three Wolves! And a Moon!

Truly this t-shirt is better than sex, probably.
  • jimmypippa wrote:

Hard to say really. I'm sure we could draw a venn diagram containing people that wear this t-shirt, and people that have had sex. I doubt we would find anyone in the overlap :wink: .
    Thanks for brightening my day though
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    jimmypippa wrote:

Hard to say really. I'm sure we could draw a venn diagram containing people that wear this t-shirt, and people that have had sex. I doubt we would find anyone in the overlap :wink: .
    Thanks for brightening my day though

Where would people that understand ironic internet memes fit within this Venn diagram?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • jimmypippa
    dhope wrote:

Where would people that understand ironic internet memes fit within this Venn diagram?

Shhh...
  • I've ordered tons of stuff from Wiggle but have never seen hide nor hair of a Haribo!!! I genuinely thought it was some sort of in-joke (akin to the Speed King stuff it took me ages to work out).

Guess they just hate me.... :cry:
  • jimmypippa
    I've ordered tons of stuff from Wiggle but have never seen hide nor hair of a Haribo!!! I genuinely thought it was some sort of in-joke (akin to the Speed King stuff it took me ages to work out).

Guess they just hate me.... :cry:

You can blame wiggle
  • Medders
    Medders Posts: 152
    never had a problem with wiggle except that since the website changed it seems to be practically unusable for me at my work computer (where I do most of my ordering!). Pages take ages to load, text overlaps etc etc. Basically end up giving up and buying elsewhere... :(

Riding:
    Canyon Nerve AL9.9 2014
    Honda CBR600f 2013
    Condor Fratello 2010
    Cervelo RS 2009
    Specialized Rockhopper Pro 2008
  • Medders wrote:
    never had a problem with wiggle except that since the website changed it seems to be practically unusable for me at my work computer (where I do most of my ordering!). Pages take ages to load, text overlaps etc etc. Basically end up giving up and buying elsewhere... :(

Should make it clear that in all other respects Wiggle have been absolutely first class (and, oddly enough, I've had no problems with the new website - though I know that others have). It's purely and simply that they refuse to hand out the sweeties (given the events of today, perhaps its just their Spanish customers who qualify.... :wink: )
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Medders wrote:

That could be down to a browser issue, do you use something different at home and work?
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava