A sas, sad day.

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
Beyonce is headlining at Glastonbury :cry:
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• MattC59
    Ok, so the subject should have read "A sad sad day" :oops:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,093
    MattC59 wrote:

Expect even less than from this years headlining act then
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    MattC59 wrote:
    Ok, so the subject should have read "A sad sad day" :oops:

Not Andy McNab then?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Why?

She's as valid as some rubbish floppy hair indie band?
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I don't think you're ready for her jelly.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Why?

She's as valid as some rubbish floppy hair indie band?

And legs that would make Chris Hoy put in a little more training. :)
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605

+1000, she sucks
  • cornerblock
    sfichele wrote:

+1000, she sucks

Theres at least 100,000 at Glastonbury.
  • andy162
    andy162 Posts: 634
    This is reflective of how things have changed at Glastonbury. The type of festival goer is much different now. Plenty of money, faux indie kids in Hunter wellies & Toni n Guy haircuts. It's nowt about the muzak & all about the "look". They'll be thousands of Fearne Cottons all jigging about while Beyonce's doing her thing. The Eavises know exactly what they're doing.

The first time I went to Glastonbury it was £45 for the 3days & you could even buy tickets the week before. Now I reckon it's more important for alot of folk to say they've "done" Gladtonbury rather than go for the love of music.
  • andy162 wrote:
    This is reflective of how things have changed at Glastonbury. The type of festival goer is much different now. Plenty of money, faux indie kids in Hunter wellies & Toni n Guy haircuts. It's nowt about the muzak & all about the "look". They'll be thousands of Fearne Cottons all jigging about while Beyonce's doing her thing. The Eavises know exactly what they're doing.

The first time I went to Glastonbury it was £45 for the 3days & you could even buy tickets the week before. Now I reckon it's more important for alot of folk to say they've "done" Gladtonbury rather than go for the love of music.

You sound like my Dad!

:D
  • andy162 wrote:

Have to agree with that, went to Reading on a day ticket a couple of years ago and even then it seemed to be all about your outfit and your look, there were youngsters who were obviously there to get noticed and their mugs on telly more than anything. I felt so out of place as an 'old' git in my early thirties just there to see a few bands. So many go just so they can say they were there, a giveaway to me is the number who insist on filming it throu their bloody camera phones rather than just enjoying themselves. Same with some at top flight football matches. Bah, i sound old!
  • cornerblock
    andy162 wrote:

You sound like my Dad!

:D

And we still had enough for chips on't way ome :roll:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Good for her. She puts on a good show. They said her husband shouldn't headline too, but he went down well.

It's better than some over-hyped indie band like Keane or Snow Patrol or Travis or their 2011 equivalent. Or an over the hill Oasis.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    im with the old folks here- last time i went we hitch hiked down built a shelter out of firewood and i cant remember who the hell was headlining. what a manic weekend, it might have been Black Uhuru who were excellent. its been a pop concert for years now.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If you click Edit on your 1st post, you can edit the thread title.

Then you can rename it "NapD, don't look at this thread because it'll waste 1.5 minutes of your life"
  • cornerblock
    NapoleonD wrote:

Then you can rename it "NapD, don't look at this thread because it'll waste 1.5 minutes of your life"

Because I am http://busymanbicycles.blogspot.com/ :lol:
  • MattC59 wrote:

That's a bummer :shock:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Beyonce: better with the sound off.
  • MattC59
    NapoleonD wrote:

I'll bear that in mind :D
  • andy162 wrote:
    This is reflective of how things have changed at Glastonbury.

I think it's reflective of how things have changed in music. Last year it was a rapper, I think, and Noel Gallagher said that it was wrong, that Glasto is a rock festival, and that rap music didn't have a place in it. And he's so damn right!
    andy162 wrote:

Lucky you. I never had a chance to go. It's been really expensive, and, besides, none of my friends are into it. The only time I actually found people to go with, I was unemployed and the price of the ticket was my dole check for 2 months! And it's annoying, cos I really DO love the music. And the whole festival scene. Now I settle for the Hyde Park festivals in the summer. The Hard Rock Calling one is a favourite of mine.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

I think it's reflective of how things have changed in music. Last year it was a rapper, I think, and Noel Gallagher said that it was wrong, that Glasto is a rock festival, and that rap music didn't have a place in it. And he's so damn right!

Funny that Noel never made much noise about dance bands headlining. And being better than most of the rock bands. Noel was probably just moaning because Jay-Z is far more relevant than he is.

Glastonbury has always been about a wide variety of music. I saw Cypress Hill on the main stage in 2000, Roni Size on the jazz stage, Leftfield on the Other stage etc etc. This "it's a rock festival" thing is just not true
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Jez mon
    Jez mon Posts: 3,809
    Seriously, what is all the fuss about??

Glasto isn't an out and out Rock festival, it's a music festival dominated by "indie" bands but with pop, rock and rap all thrown in...

If you would rather not have all that mixture of music then wouldn't it be best to go to a music festival which just caters to a single genre, rather than complain about just one of many festivals
    You live and learn. At any rate, you live
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Yeah, something like this:

http://www.rebellionfestivals.com/

Although I notice that Adam Ant has confirmed, oh dear. Manufactured band for the TOTP generation but click on the "Bands" link and there are some real gems in there.
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    mattshrops wrote:
    im with the old folks here- last time i went we hitch hiked down built a shelter out of firewood and i cant remember who the hell was headlining. what a manic weekend, it might have been Black Uhuru who were excellent. its been a pop concert for years now.

C'mon, man, admit why you can't remember who was headlining!
    I've never been, never wanted to- just watch highlights if there's someone on like Wille.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Ms Tree wrote:
    mattshrops wrote:

C'mon, man, admit why you can't remember who was headlining!
    I've never been, never wanted to- just watch highlights if there's someone on like Wille.

(best innocent face) not quite sure what you mean :wink: i do remember being young and foolish and sporting dreads 8) these dats still foolish but now eggshell blonde :shock:
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Just hope it's not as bad as the Black Eyed Peas at the Super Bowl, way to ruin a cracking Guns and Roses tune...