Glentress - Looking for some Company!

Bike Bloke
Bike Bloke Posts: 172
edited June 2011 in MTB rides
Hello,

Couldn't find a thread for this so:

I'm sure there are plenty of you on here that call Glentress your home. I recently moved up to Edinburgh and have only just been able to get my bike up here with me. I've ridden Glentress quite a few times, but never on my own!

Weather's looking interesting for this weekend but I was thinking a ride starting late Saturday morning, red route from the bottom etc. I'm no hardcore xc pro, going for some fun!

If anyone's interested, please give me a shout!

Comments

• vmgscot
    vmgscot Posts: 120
    I might be up for this.

Glentress is not my 'home' trails (that's Ae, Drumlanrig, Mabie etc) but I was thinking of heading over Saturday cuz I ain't been there for a while. I am also in the non-xc-pro-but-will-get-up-the-hill-eventually category.

Was thinking red route and then either climb back up to buzzards for the blue back down or cut in the pie run as an extra bit on the red... ? Just makes it a bit longer
    vmgscot
  • Sounds like my kind of riding!! Hopefully we can pick up some more people this evening. Did you have a preferred time in the morning?

Weather's not looking quite so dismal now, no doubt will be pretty muddy though!
  • vmgscot
    Later AM is good....have some early chores then 1hr drive over.

Have faith...the sun will be shinning, 20 degrees and dusty trails.
    vmgscot
  • Sounds good, shall we say 11? - hopefully we can still squeeze into the bottom car park ;)

I'll be the 6ft 5 giant getting out of a red fiesta with a black/red mongoose!
  • vmgscot
    Sorted.
    I'll be the short ar5e 6ft2, black vauxhall van, on-one or Whyte E5...whichever doesn't have a puncture
    vmgscot
  • Could be 15 mins late....need to find some new shorts!!
  • Cheers for the ride, will have to do it again sometime!
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    We did GT on Saturday too, was really good. See link below for more organised rides.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Bike Bloke
    Going down on Saturday mid morning if anyone wants a mellow ride, plan on lapping the jump line in the freeride park and then going around the red. Company would be ace!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Hi, just saw this... Best thing I can suggest is come and join the trailfairies, we dig every second saturday and usually there's a ride afterwards, often space in cars coming down too to save on fuel a bit. Also you wouldn't believe how much cake we eat :lol: The post-dig rides tend to be pretty leisurely but that does vary.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Bike Bloke
    Northwind wrote:
    Hi, just saw this... Best thing I can suggest is come and join the trailfairies, we dig every second saturday and usually there's a ride afterwards, often space in cars coming down too to save on fuel a bit. Also you wouldn't believe how much cake we eat :lol: The post-dig rides tend to be pretty leisurely but that does vary.

Sounds great to me, always happy to help out. How do I go about joining up?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    You just show up really, Andy'll get you to fill in a form I think for next of kin etc just in case you hit yourself in the brain with a mattock. There's a session scheduled for this saturday though I'll not be there this time I think, with any luck I'll be out Natural Tweeding. 9am, meet up by the rangers' shed (just past the hub bike shop), there'll be a gang of yawning scruffy gits standing about, usually work goes on until 1pm or until we drag Andy away from the whacker plate.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Bike Bloke
    Ace, I'll give it a go! Will be nice to give something back and hopefully meet some great people!