You know how sometimes you do silly things...

hfidgen
hfidgen Posts: 340
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
Well I certainly did this morning :lol:

I was coming up to a set of lights in the inside lane, with what had already proved to be quite an impatient lorry on my outside. In a bid to get past me, he then accellerated, overtook, cut in and slammed on his air brakes.

It was a bit slippy this morning, so myself and another guy had an interesting few seconds braking and then moving out to get past the inconsiderate git.

Unfortunately I was a bit aggro about his manouvre, so I gave him a verbal blast as I went past his open window, and then whilst stopped at the lights as he came past (red straight on, green for left turn) I tried to give him the stare...

Only to lose balance and fall off my bike! (Was clipped in)

I'm pretty sure he laughed, I have to say I laughed, and I think most of the pedestrians, car drivers, taxi drivers and other cyclists laughed too.

No injury other than a slight knee scrape, and a severely dented pride. :lol:

TBH though it's cheered me up for the day, so all is well with the world. I don't know why I thought shouting would work tbh, I normally just tut ferociously. At the very least I should have tried to explain how dodgy braking a bike is in the wet... but ho hum, someone has to look like an arse, and today that was me :)
FCN 4 - BMC CX02

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    Teehee. Cheered me up to.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one who is a weapons grade bell end sometimes.
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    I think most people act like bell-ends now and again :lol:

Hopefully that's my one for the month and I can just enjoy cycling from here on in!
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02