What would you do..

iainment
iainment Posts: 992
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
If your wife/partner said she wanted to volunteer to be a surrogate mother for her friend?

Saw this on another forum - that has more women than this one, and interested to see what this mainly male board says and if it's different.
Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
Joseph Gallivan

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Personally? No chance, mainly because my wife has really been suffering with our -4 week old...
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    No way I'd consider this for anyone except possibly (1% chance) close family.

There are serious risks involved. Huge psychological issues to overcome and most of all, your play park gets wrecked.

Not worth it.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Depends on how much cash is on offer.

:wink:
  • what are the girls saying then? I'm a girl, I think it's a baaad idea.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    if they're married / involved, then, for something like this, they should really get consent of the other half, since it will affect their lives a fair bit.

It brings up a whole lot of complex and difficult issues if you do they when you're married/involved.
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    what are the girls saying then? I'm a girl, I think it's a baaad idea.

There more sympathetic than the men, who'd have thought that!
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Not a chance in hell.
  • I wouldn't want Mrs Whizzer doing it, as she wiggles all night when preggers and it really effects my sleep. (Damn Wiggle!)

That said, close friends are having children through a surrogate after many years and complications of trying themselves and think it's a wonderful thing for them. Massive respect for the surrogate doing it, wish I was a nice enough person to do that kind of thing, I won't share a bag of chips.

It pays well mind...
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    iainment wrote:
    If your wife/partner said she wanted to volunteer to be a surrogate mother for her friend?

Saw this on another forum - that has more women than this one, and interested to see what this mainly male board says and if it's different.

What friend-boyfriend?Be worried.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.