A Saddle for a special area

finnj6
finnj6 Posts: 45
edited February 2011 in Road buying advice
Well, I've been told by a doc to stay off the bike a while, cycling seems to have caused a special area to become a little tender. It's got me thinking about changing my saddle, has anyone any advice / experience on what's would be gentle on that area?

I was thinking about something with a hole in the middle of it?
Lappiere X-Control 210
Columbus X-Wing
Fuji track
Treck 1500 with Campag
Soon to be Colnago Masters

Comments

• Like a donut? :lol:
    ... must train harder
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Anything with a cut. Selle Italia, San Marco,Spesh all do cut-out saddles
    M.Rushton
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    I thought you were saying your special area has a hole in the middle. Mine certainly does.

You've got loads of bikes in your sig; what kind of saddles do you have on those? What kind has given you the problem in the first place?

Spesh BG saddles have central cutouts, as do models from a range of manufacturers. The Spesh Romin is frequently mentioned on here. Selle SMP are probably the most extreme examples of cutout saddles; Mark Beaumont rode one round the world. Brooks even do a leather one with a slice cut down the middle.

The world's your lobster really, but it can get quite expensive trying different saddles.
  • finnj6
    cheers think id prob go with the san marco zoncolan arrow head, it looks pretty nice, and is 100g lighter than the equivalent selle italia
    Lappiere X-Control 210
    Columbus X-Wing
    Fuji track
    Treck 1500 with Campag
  • finnj6
    keef66 wrote:
    I thought you were saying your special area has a hole in the middle. Mine certainly does.

You've got loads of bikes in your sig; what kind of saddles do you have on those? What kind has given you the problem in the first place?
    Ha no mine certainly doesn't have a hole.
    Not too sure what has caused it really the one I use the most would be my trek 1500, it's the stock saddle that came with it in fact they all have the stock saddle. But they are all racing style saddles. I should be able to try out fizik and san marco b4 I buy in my lbs
    Lappiere X-Control 210
    Columbus X-Wing
    Fuji track
    Treck 1500 with Campag
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Good luck with your quest!
  • 1_reaper
    1_reaper Posts: 322
    Fizik do demo saddles in a few LBS so you can try before you buy
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    These look a bit weird, but are supposed to be very good. http://www.ismseat.com/products.htm