Gilbert row casts new doubt over Pereiro

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    Can't wait for some racing.

Can't say all this media mouthing off about retired riders is really exciting me.

It's a shame Gilbert's getting involved in this.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833

Can't say all this media mouthing off about retired riders is really exciting me.

Yeah but you only need to read a few posts on here to know that riders that don't sound off are damned too. So it's a lose lose situation for a rider.

+1 on the wait for racing.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167

Didn't realise it was an either/or situation?

Anyway I thought there was racing today?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,738
    DaveyL wrote:

Never said it was.

Still a shame he got involved.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    DaveyL wrote:

Never said it was.

More of a shame that Pereiro and Valv.Piti felt the need to mouth off to him.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Obviously a poor translations, Pereiro's quote "I believe I never had a problem with doping"...Maybe he didn't have a problem, it was only others like Gilbert that did?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Would it be fair to say Landis won the TDF 06? I think so
  • Dave_1 wrote:

On that basis, who won in '03 then? ;)
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Dave_1 wrote:

On that basis, who won in '03 then? ;)

or any year :(
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Obviously a poor translations, Pereiro's quote "I believe I never had a problem with doping"...Maybe he didn't have a problem, it was only others like Gilbert that did?

YOu only have a problem with doping if you do it wrong. Like Ricco. Ricco definitely got his doping wrong. :)
  • Landis should have led with this and then included Armstrong/USPS as an aside ratner than just coming across as a bitter glory hound ... Would have all resulted in the same thing but leaving himm with a bit more credibility ... He was on more than one team ...
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    don't worry i'm sure the UCI will do a thorough investigation into these claims and clear the whole thing up :D

Second was Kloden and with Freiburg there are doubts about him, not sure about Sastre would like to think he was clean at least
  • DaveyL wrote:

Never said it was.

I don't understand what your beef is. I think (sorry if not) you profess not to care about doping but why is it a shame for Gilbert to say that? He didn't just 'get involved' - he was involved from the moment someone (according to him) had a go at him for the fact his boss was outspoken about cheating. Why don't you want riders to talk about it? If you are a clean cyclist trying to make a living I'd imagine you would want to talk about stuff like this all the time.