Referring to your bike...

2»

Comments

• Having a Bianchi it means I get to feel a svelte gorgeous sexy italian princess humming between my masculine toned muscular thighs :oops:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Slapshot
    Slapshot Posts: 211
    I've got Skinny for the tarmac and the fat lass when the going gets rough
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    My bikes are called-
    C50
    Arte
    TT
    MTB
    Courier
  • Only got the one and its called my bike, if anyone is within earshot anyway. :oops:
  • lemoncurd
    lemoncurd Posts: 1,428
    Commuter: Sensible Susan
    Carbon Fibre Road: Posh Susan
    HardTail MTB: Dirty Susan
    FS MTB: Very Dirty Susan
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,471
    Mine is called 'The Bike' but as I'm going to have my old bike back up and running at the weekend I'm going to have to be more imaginitive to differentiate between them so I'm going to call them the 'best bike' and 'training bike' :lol:

Isn't it pretty much traditional that means of transport are classed as female though? Boats / ships definately are and I think aeroplanes are too. Car enthusiasts tend to call the car 'she', all Stobart trucks have girls names on them etc.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    It would be ridiculous to refer to my bike as "her", she'd get embarrassed if I did.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    I generally refer to my mtb as the bike and the road bike as the other one. I call my BMX the BMX, and my old bike is the old bike. The new bike I'm planning on getting soon will be called the new bike.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Angry Bird wrote:
    I generally refer to my mtb as the bike and the road bike as the other one. I call my BMX the BMX, and my old bike is the old bike. The new bike I'm planning on getting soon will be called the new bike.
    That makes no logical sense at all.

:wink:
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Nuggs wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    That makes no logical sense at all.

:wink:

Not logical but makes sense to me :lol:

The mtb is my favourite, so it's my bike. The road bike is my other bike. BMX is so short anyway I may as well call it the BMX.

The mtb directly replaced my old bike which is living in the shed and not getting much use, so it's the old bike.

The new one won't replace my mtb completely seeing as I'm planning on getting a big hitting full suss so I'll just call it the new bike.