edited February 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi

What size Izoard frame do I need?
I am 5'7" = 170cm, inseam 80 cm

any idea ?

Comments

• majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    If you're buying a bike that expensive, get a fit. And make sure you understand how to compare effective top tube lengths with varying seat tube angles.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    lindner
    I am 5"10' and rise a large but thought you would be medium - but not worth guessing
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • I'm 5' 7.5" (every point counts) with an inside leg of 29" and the S is spot on. I find the reach is a bit too much for me so I'm swapping the 100mm stem for an 80. I'd originally bought an M but it just didn't feel right. IMO you'd be best going for the S.
  • richtw
    richtw Posts: 118
    Do you know what saddle height you want to achieve?

I am 5'9 and ride a medium with a 110 stem and a 735mm saddle height, my inside leg (cycling) is 840mm. I would guess you may find a better fit on the small with a longer stem as the Wiliers do not handle brilliantly on a short stem, they become very twitchy...
  • i think they come up big im 5.11 ans got a large and to behonest i think should have got a M and the stem im swapping as i feel its too much of a reach after 80 miles im dead in the arms. great bike though!
  • Use This Link001

Then this Link002

Scroll down, oh and it's Horizontal TT length you need.

:lol:
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    And if you're like me - 6'3", 925mm inseam requiring a 59.5cm top tube - you are fooked.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • derosa wrote:
    And if you're like me - 6'3", 925mm inseam requiring a 59.5cm top tube - you are fooked.

m8 I am 6' 2" with a 34inch inside leg and use a 580mm Horizontal TT length, with a 120mm stem, so your 1" is in the leg length not body therefore a 580 TT length should be okay for you.

unless I have missed something :?
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    My commute bike has a 600 top tube and 120 stem. It's nigh on a perfect fit for me. Maybe it's the arms - I have arms like a gibbon :lol:

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • LOL
  • Thanks so much!!

I can get a great deal on a Medium Wilier Izoard (2010 frame and Campa Chorus 2008 - ) but now I am not sure for medium size
    wilier1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Can anyone give me some advice on whether i'd be ok on the Medium ?
    I am inseam only 80cm but long arms.
  • Use this to determin your bike size :

CLICK ME, CLICK ME