Any mortgage brokers on here?

pastryboy
pastryboy Posts: 1,385
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
Wondering which lenders are offering the best income multiples at the moment?

Used the calculator on mortgages.co.uk and it put up loads of lenders offering as much as 5x joint but when I go to any of those lenders' own website calculators they're no higher than 3.5x.

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    pastryboy wrote:
    Wondering which lenders are offering the best income multiples at the moment?

Used the calculator on mortgages.co.uk and it put up loads of lenders offering as much as 5x joint but when I go to any of those lenders' own website calculators they're no higher than 3.5x.

Best and highest may not be the same thing here.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Abbey are doing 6x. Need to have a high deposit. 40% is what we have.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    When we renewed, our mortgage advisor put us in direct touch with the lender because we could get a better deal that way (at that time). Pretty decent of him. We started off looking at a joint mortgage, but worked out that we could borrom more against a single salary. Go figure.
  • pastryboy
    Abbey are doing 6x. Need to have a high deposit. 40% is what we have.

4x for single and 3.8 for joint according to the calculator on the Santander website.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    This is why brokers exist. Websites are reasonable for getting ideas, but for the best advice, you have to go to an independent whole-of-market broker (who doesn't charge you for advice, but is instead paid by the mortgage lender, without affecting the deal). Phone one up, see what happens.

That's it. It's their job, and they do better than just punting through Moneysupermarket or whoever.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • pastryboy
    That's very true but I don't require any advice, I just need to know, some way in advance of actually remortgaging, what sort of borrowing is available. If I start giving my details out to brokers now they'll be pestering me for months - I am not a fan of them in general.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    And what with all the smashing you're going to need a larger house around Octoberish...... :D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • pastryboy
    Exactly - hoping to build me an extension.
  • "Commuting" chat :!:
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • pastryboy
    Commuting Chat
    Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!

I hope you're better at reading road signs...
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    "Commuting" chat :!:

The complexed attitude to squirrels you exhibit in your signature is both puzzling and only tenuously related to commuting.