well i have a katusha skin suit and ive seen this helmet...

Matt the Tester
Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
edited February 2011 in Road buying advice
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lazer-tardiz-te ... g-helmets/

thoughts on this guys? looks pretty nice and does anyone have one of these :)?
Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
north west of england.

Comments

• sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lazer-tardiz-team-katusha-time-trial-cycling-helmets/

Under what circumstances do you wear a Katusha skin suit??
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,898
    SheffSimon wrote:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lazer-tardiz-team-katusha-time-trial-cycling-helmets/

Under what circumstances do you wear a Katusha skin suit??

If your a pro Katusha rider. That is the ONLY reason of course.
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • yes exactly why else would i ride it :roll:

im wearing it at my LOCAL CLUB TT ride, ive already asked if it's ok and it is. people wear Team GB kit there and they dont ride for them.

anyway what do you think? still havent had a opinion about it yet!
    north west of england.
  • if you want it get it
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    To be honest, I'd say that was a bit over the top!
    Like having matching bedding and curtains...
    Just get a plain Bell, or Giro.
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • emx
    emx Posts: 164
    hopper1 wrote:
    Just get a plain Bell, or Giro.

if he thought like that, he wouldn't have bought the Katusha skin suit.. ;)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Aero helmets arent very comfy - I'd not buy mail order - even if it did match my skinsuit.
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    cougie wrote:
    Aero helmets arent very comfy - I'd not buy mail order - even if it did match my skinsuit.

My Bell Meteor II is very comfy, though I've not worn it for much over an hour at the longest.
    I would second your advice to go to a shop for a try, prior to buying on the net.

Back to OP, does your club not have it's own skinsuit?...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,856
    Groundhog thread.

Where's JamieDodger to lighten the mood with his caravanner character?
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I'm assuming you'd be OK with a Katusha helmet in open events ? I know you are talking about doing your club TTs but if you wanted to do some Opens in the future you don't want to be paying for a new helmet as well as a new skinsuit.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • yes my club does have their own skinsuit but its price tag is too expensive, i got this skinsuit for £15 and it seems better quality then my clubs skinsuits :)

i probs would of gotten a plain TT helmet if i didnt have this skinsuit but this has caught my eye :)
    north west of england.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    OP - ignore the nay sayers and wear what you like. If you want to wear Team kit then do so - it's not as though you'll be mistaken for a Pro. Fans wear replica kit of their teams in many sports, I fail to see why cycling should be any different :D
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    OP - ignore the nay sayers and wear what you like. If you want to wear Team kit then do so - it's not as though you'll be mistaken for a Pro. Fans wear replica kit of their teams in many sports, I fail to see why cycling should be any different :D

Although you aren't actually allowed to wear kit with sponsor logos on that aren't official sponsers of you cycling club in open TT's.......
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    danowat wrote:

Although you aren't actually allowed to wear kit with sponsor logos on that aren't official sponsers of you cycling club in open TT's.......

Do you have to be a club member to race in an open TT?
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Yes
  • sheffsimon
    sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
    danowat wrote:

Do you have to be a club member to race in an open TT?

You have to be a member of an organization affiliated to CTT. There used to be a CTT headquarters club for non-club members to join so they could ride open TT's, no longer exists.

VTTA is affiliated to CTT, as is www.tritalk.co.uk forum. If you join either you can ride open TT's.

Not sure if Katusha Global Cycling Project are affiliated - probably not. :wink:
  • The helmet will outlast the skinsuit ... So get something that will match that and likely something else as well ... I used to have a speccy festina helmet to wear with my kit but once the shorts got knackered then the whole £200 of kit was binable (the jerseys being ok as winter undershirts for another year or so) ...