Nice looking mudguards?

andybrad
andybrad Posts: 92
edited February 2011 in The workshop
so are there any thin good looking mud guards? they all look a bit rubbish or massive from what ive seen

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Is there any point, or is it even possible, to install mud guards that look good. I would think that the only reason for using them would be so they could do the JOB they were intended for. :roll: :roll:
  • look at http://www.wiggle.co.uk/zefal-swan-road-rear-mudguard/

do the job for a hybrid or road bike & cute too :)
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    You can get fancy beaten aluminium and carbon fibre ones but they cost arm+leg.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Gilles Berthoud make some lovely mudguards out of stainless steel and carbon fibre. The carbon fibre ones are quite pricey but stainless ones, given that they are better quality and much nicer looking than the norm, are reasonable, I think. I've bought a pair and like them.

If you want to go with plastic, SKS make some excellent ones.
  • i've got SKS chromoplasics in black, and have got the smallest size that's recommended for my tyre diameter, and they're great. Full mudguards, very robust, very adjustable, and you can hardly see them in black against black tyres.
    that's my two-penneth worth anyway!
  • what size are your tyres? if they're 25mm or less, you could consider crud roadracer 2s? probably not though on a commuter...
  • Hi everyone, i would like to pick your brains on this one, i have a hybrid bike boardman pro (the one with the carbon fibre forks) they have a hole through the top but as my bike is equiped with disk brake are there any gaurds that will fit my bike? As i am sure you know that the majority of fenders are fixed via the front caliper i could always put a bolt through the hole at the top of the fork. Just wanted to see if any other person has this bike and have managed to get guards that fit and work correctly?

Cheers guys
    TO COME DOWN, YOU MUST FIRST GO UP.
  • hows about some sks race blades? clip on to the fork blade... although they're not "full" mudguards, they may do the job...
  • You get the front (Zefals) as well at Decathlon which is a cable tie job to the frame for not much more ...
  • mrwibble
    mrwibble Posts: 980
    curana