2010 Remedy 8

shx8000
shx8000 Posts: 222
edited February 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Changed a few things since buying it, and am constantly experimenting with shock and tyre pressures, to try and get it right. Absolutely love it though.

DSC00737.jpg

Comments

• This bike looks epic - jealous! :oops:
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010
  • shx8000
    Cheers. Just fitted the new DMR Vault pedals. Pins are a little long at the minute, meaning if i get my footing wrong in between say 2 jumps, it is difficult to get feet off and repositioned. Thankfully though, they can be turned around, so will be slightly shorter. This I shall be doing before the weekend. Really can't fault the bike so far. May need to look into some different tyres as berms taken at speed seem to get me sliding, which is fun but a little scary at times lol.
  • I've heard the XDX to have nothing but bad reviews for that tyre, particularly on loose/damp ground.

i've just picked myself up an ex8 frame and surprisingly they seem almost identical at a glance!

Nice ride!
    The Frog: Lapierre Zesty 214 2010 - Upgraded - W.I.P
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    I think the phrase is 'MMmmm... sexy girl'
  • shx8000
    Cheers.

I had noticed that the Fuels and the Remedys do look very similar. I guess they just change the geometry slightly and then the finishing kit.
    Guessing a fuel has about 120mm travel???

Gonna contact Trek later this week, and see if they will bring me a Session to trial at the Demo day they are having up at Cannock in March. Now that is a sexy bike.
  • shx8000
    Just changed the tyres. Now running with Maxxis Minions. Guessing the chase is gonna be wet and muddy tomorrow, so hoping these will hive me some much needed grip. Also lowered the stem down 2 spacers, so may help with front end grip.
    Will be running about 22-25 psi.

Did notice on removing the xdx's that although the tyres are 2.35, the tubes fitted by trek were cheap and nasty and sized as 1.75-2.1.