beware Ebay user ibizitizelzit

stedlocks
stedlocks Posts: 18
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
Not sure what section to post this in, or even if I have a valid reason to moan.......but this cock bought 2 cycling jerseys from me on gaybay for the combined sum of £19 plus a fiver postage........he then moaned like buggery about the price and the postage and threatened to leave me negative feedback unless I offered discount (without previously asking) on the postage....It cost me £4.70 and I charged £5.00.......then the horrible man lists them on ebay for £30 each buy it now...........
Here is mine
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MESOX:IT
and
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MESOX:IT

And here is his 2 days later.....and the fool hasn't even left me feedback yet
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CAMPAGNOLO-CYCLIN ... 3cb4fe5ada

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BANESTO-CYCLING-J ... 5197c1705b

Comments

• but he hasnt sold them at £30 and you made £20 and got rid of two horrible looking tops....try and think positive.

it not illegal to make a profit
  • Irritating to say the least, however it is very much against eBay policies to leave negative feedback for no reason.
    He knew the postage charge well enough when he bought the items and as such should have no reason to contest them.

Personally I absolutely would not have returned any money ( except maybe 30p to be polite!! ) to him.
    Even though eBay's policies are bias towards buyers to the extent it is a joke, they will help you out in situations like this.

Bottom line, if you think you're in the right, stick up for yourself!!
  • *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    I notice he complained about paying £2.50 each for postage, but he's quite happy to charge £3.50 each in his auctions.

I would contact ebay and forward all information in regards to the feedback blackmail.
  • Arh, nothing beats the smell of capitalism in the morning :wink:

You see it all the time on antique shows on the BBC. Someone buys a small thimble for 10p at a boot fair and later finds out it's worth £2000. The question is, if the buyer knows the true value then is it theft to buy it for 10p or good business acumen?
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • I've contacted them, but I doubt they will do anything...........I'm not bothered about him re-selling, it's the fact that he threatend to neg me............hey ho, I'm over it
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    It's almost like he's trying to make money or something.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Make money? Is that even legal? :s
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Bombard him with silly offers
  • bruce225
    bruce225 Posts: 129
    He won some jerseys of me and made offers for the ones which were still not ended. His offers were fair enough,they were too large for me and never going to be worn again ..Noticed he relisted them with a massive mark up but he didn't sell them I was one of his watchers :lol:

But i would deal with him again no problem..
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    stedlocks
    am equally concerned about the collection of women's handbags you seem to be selling :shock: :shock: :shock:
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • Very unproffessional bringing a "dispute" between buyer and seller into the public arena.
  • How much for a lady's handbag for my cross-dressing weekends then...??
  • I think the op has done the right thing here ebay are in favour of the buyer and there is no real come back for the seller, look at this guys feedback and you will see he has left negative feedback for sellers because of the postage, if you arent happy to pay the postage dont bid, if you want a discount for postage ask the seller before you bid. Look at the number of feedbacks he has left as opposed to the number that has been left for him!!! I had someone offer and won two seperate pairs of good quality jeans for 0.99p and the postage was £3.50, I use proper bags which I have to buy and also send recorded, she never asked for a discount and moaned about the £7.00 postage cost, I told her to poke it and if she left negative I would repay the compliment and report her to ebay with a copy of all comunication.
  • ebay is a rip off for sellers - there must be an alternative - they are too big for thier boots now
  • volvicspar wrote:
    Very unproffessional bringing a "dispute" between buyer and seller into the public arena.

nah, the man is an eejit, complaining about postage charges of £3 then charging £3.50 himself.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... tForOthers
  • volvicspar wrote:
    Very unproffessional bringing a "dispute" between buyer and seller into the public arena.

Unproffessional?? It's bloody ebay.
  • Madcyclepath
    Madcyclepath Posts: 49
    edited February 2011
    I've had issues after selling too. I sold one racing jersery then he e-mailed me with a few minutes to go on my 2nd auction item asking for reduced postage. I offered half price on the 2nd item as I'd have to buy more packaging to post the items together so he bought the item and paid for it (with a slight grumble). Once he had recieved the item he e-mailed complaining in the same way about unfair postage (which he accepted and paid for). I replied pointing out I had stated delivery etc on my auctions etc and he had agreed to that on payment. Without any further discource he has left me negative feedback.

...now doing a little digging I find that the seller (<-removed due to current discussion with seller->) is trading under the name ibizitizelzit too (auction listings identical, trading from the same location).

He has now reported part of my feedback was slightly negative!

I know reselling is ok on ebay (unless it's run as a business i.e. multiple buys to resell in which case it should be registered as business) but it just seems a bit shady having multiple accounts to spread your sales around.
  • bruce225
    bruce225 Posts: 129
    Maybe we should make him aware of this forum to defend himself,because how i see it were trying to stop people dealing with him and all the guy is doing is trying to make a living...Always two sides to most stories :D
  • Sounds reasonable to me. I agree that he is only trying to do a business. However, if you consult ebay's regulations you will see that it is against ebay policy to threaten people with negative feedback in order to gain from it financially (he did not do this with me, he just left it without warning). I just hope he's actually registered as a business in order to resell for business like this.

As you will notice I have removed his other seller name from my post as in retrospect I do not feel it appropriate that I should drag his other trading name through the dirt before we reach an amicable decision regarding the matter
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    Guy sounds like a complete knob if you ask me.
  • grantus wrote:
    Guy sounds like a complete knob if you ask me.
    +1