A love for strange coloured bikes.

Bunneh
Bunneh Posts: 1,329
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
I've been searching for a while for a single speed bike but they seem to be gold dust in my area, so I started mooching about Fleabay to see what I could find - I spotted these...

Jamaica Black
Vintage Red
Pukey purple

I suspect it's the harliquin in my blood that attracts me to such ugly things and I was getting tempted. However I have always said I need to see a bike in person, try it before I even consider parting with pennies, so I dropped the idea. I glanced at the postage from the US: £142! Could you imagine the faffing about sending it back if it came damaged or didn't fit well? If I lived there, I'd get one, but it seems a lot of hassle.

One day I'll get me a single speed.

*edited links*

Comments

• thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    nightstormMC2adroit.jpg

NightStormFrameSet1995.jpg

Fancy colours eh?

Neither SS nor roadie, but definitely strange colours.

I quite like the Jamaica Black, just cause of that chain.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • I like the vintage red.
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    the vintage red seems to me to be quite tasteful so by your own criteria maybe should not be on the list?
    On this same subject that programme on before the tom simpson doc. about the guy putting together his dream bike- sorry for shouting but BLUE AND ORANGE fer crissakes :shock: ended up looking like a back of the shed find
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • Blue and orange seem to work quite well for Rabobank (the kit, anyway). My TCR is orange with dark blue bar tape, and I don't think it looks too bad.
    Giant TCR Advanced II - Reviewed on my homepage
    Giant TCR Alliance Zero
    BMC teammachineSLR03
    The Departed
    Giant SCR2
    Canyon Roadlite
    Specialized Allez
    Some other junk...
  • mattshrops wrote:
    the vintage red seems to me to be quite tasteful so by your own criteria maybe should not be on the list?
    On this same subject that programme on before the tom simpson doc. about the guy putting together his dream bike- sorry for shouting but BLUE AND ORANGE fer crissakes :shock: ended up looking like a back of the shed find

Mind you, the pukey purple one does look like it fell out of a packet of M&Ms...