Talksport is the oral sport version of the Daily Mail *spits*
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Mattsaw wrote:
    Talksport is the oral sport version of the Daily Mail *spits*

Now you've just given oral sport a bad name! :wink:
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Mike Parry is no loss to any sport program. So totally biased against some teams he couldn't give an impartial viewpoint on anything. Hearing him disparage the Spurs side after they beat Inter at WHL was a joke. The fat git needs to take a leaf out of our very own Gaz's book and do a bit of cycling to promote some weight loss.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • The opinonated odious oaf Mike Parry was the reason I gave up on talkcrap years ago. Keys & Grey won't be winning me back
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    Talksport? dont think so they only talk crap about one sport
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    (clicked sobmit before my brain had finished)
    dont htink many people would argue that gray was pretty good at what he did (cant say the same for tother fella) so in the true spirit of football someone will always hire the drunk driver who killed someone cos he can score goals- its no surprise to me.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story
  • philthy3 wrote:
    Mike Parry is no loss to any sport program. So totally biased against some teams he couldn't give an impartial viewpoint on anything. Hearing him disparage the Spurs side after they beat Inter at WHL was a joke. The fat git needs to take a leaf out of our very own Gaz's book and do a bit of cycling to promote some weight loss.

Told my Manager to turn his radio to another channel otherwise I was going to smash it after hearing Darren Gough say that anything other than England winning the football World Cup would be complete failure.

If I had heard them having a pop at my beloved after we smashed the European Champions I would probably have injured my hand quite badly due to having punched the radio.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Just heard the news. Is it true? The buffoon that is Mike Parry has been sacked. About bleeding time. How he ever stayed on the airwaves for so long I will never know, his knowledge of sport seemed non existent. And the way he pronounced people's names incorrectly after being told the correct way just showed his ignorance. It's a shame Talksport is so full of terrible presenters, as it could and should be great. Now if they can get rid of the bloke who thinks just saying the opposite to most other people constitutes a radio show (Bullshit Durham) then I may listen again.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Too many adverts, and presnters who are up their own arse. Dont even get me started on Darren Gough! Ian Wright wasn't much better before him!
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Just heard the news. Is it true? The buffoon that is Mike Parry has been sacked. About bleeding time. How he ever stayed on the airwaves for so long I will never know, his knowledge of sport seemed non existent. And the way he pronounced people's names incorrectly after being told the correct way just showed his ignorance. It's a shame Talksport is so full of terrible presenters, as it could and should be great. Now if they can get rid of the bloke who thinks just saying the opposite to most other people constitutes a radio show (Bullshit Durham) then I may listen again.

+1

and how "the moose" kept his job for more than one day is beyond me.........
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Have a National Guard made up of farmers armed with shotguns who could hunt down anyone who goes on a rampage with firearms.

Fit wing mirrors on racehorses to prevent collisions during a race.

Put ejector seats in Formula One cars.

Someone one day will complete the 100 metres track race in one second.

Professional golf tournaments should have transparent bullet proof protected walkways to prevent a golfer from being shot dead.

Racing pigeons should sport "Colours" that would be representative of their owners so spectators would see who each pigeon belonged to. In order for the pigeon to win each trainer would have to sport a hat with a platform on it and wait at the finish line. For maximum effect the hat would be in the same colours as the pigeon and the pigeon that landed on the correct hat would win, to add to the fun spectators could go up in a plane and follow the race by having the plane fly alongside the pigeons.

People in the modern age are in general much taller from when football first started and soon we'll average 7ft in height so the height and width of football pitch goalposts should be increased in accordance.

Humans will soon have six fingers and an extra thumb on each hand due to our increasing use of computers.

Deploy helicopters to fly behind the runners in National Hunt races and scoop up any horse that has fallen or unseated its rider so the loose horses can’t interfere with the rest of the field.

Have double-decker buses ferrying passengers around the course at major golf tournaments.

Novice skiers should wear flashing blue lights on their heads so that experienced skiers can avoid them.

Any player playing the Williams sisters at Wimbledon should start a set up.

Every bath in every home in the country should be removed to save water.

Arsenal have never won the Champions League because they cannot play under floodlights.

Football managers should all wear bright luminous caps and run up and down the touchline during a match.

All dogs should wear nappies.

Football players should wear lead in their boots to slow them down.
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    How TorrrqueSporrt has lasted this long is beyond me...
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    and how "the moose" kept his job for more than one day is beyond me.........[/quote]

Has Moose gone too?
  • daviesee
    Rigga wrote:
    and how "the moose" kept his job for more than one day is beyond me.........

Has Moose gone too?[/quote]

Unfortunately, no. I just don't know how.
  • daviesee
    People in the modern age are in general much taller from when football first started and soon we'll average 7ft in height so the height and width of football pitch goalposts should be increased in accordance.

I actually agree with that one :shock:

Well, the goal size anyway.
  • Have a National Guard made up of farmers armed with shotguns who could hunt down anyone who goes on a rampage with firearms.

Fit wing mirrors on racehorses to prevent collisions during a race.

Put ejector seats in Formula One cars.

Someone one day will complete the 100 metres track race in one second.

Professional golf tournaments should have transparent bullet proof protected walkways to prevent a golfer from being shot dead.

Racing pigeons should sport "Colours" that would be representative of their owners so spectators would see who each pigeon belonged to. In order for the pigeon to win each trainer would have to sport a hat with a platform on it and wait at the finish line. For maximum effect the hat would be in the same colours as the pigeon and the pigeon that landed on the correct hat would win, to add to the fun spectators could go up in a plane and follow the race by having the plane fly alongside the pigeons.

Humans will soon have six fingers and an extra thumb on each hand due to our increasing use of computers.

Deploy helicopters to fly behind the runners in National Hunt races and scoop up any horse that has fallen or unseated its rider so the loose horses can’t interfere with the rest of the field.

Have double-decker buses ferrying passengers around the course at major golf tournaments.

Novice skiers should wear flashing blue lights on their heads so that experienced skiers can avoid them.

Any player playing the Williams sisters at Wimbledon should start a set up.

Every bath in every home in the country should be removed to save water.

Arsenal have never won the Champions League because they cannot play under floodlights.

Football managers should all wear bright luminous caps and run up and down the touchline during a match.

All dogs should wear nappies.

Football players should wear lead in their boots to slow them down.

I have heard the 100 meters in under a second attributed to him previously so I assume the rest are all his too?