If you're looking for some earphones..

mrfmilo
mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
edited March 2011 in The hub
Posted a topic some weeks ago about which earphones to buy, got some Sennheiser CX400 II's in the end, cheers for the recommendation. They are amazing, highly recommended. Sounded abit empty at the start, but got better and better, and seem to be fully burnt in after 30hours. Great deep bass and clarity, no distortion at full volume (which is very loud) and build quality is also excellent.

http://www.sennheiser.co.uk/uk/home_en. ... ies_502743

RRP is £60 but generally go for £30ish online, got mine for £14 :D

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    70 quid for non moulded in-ears? You must be out of your mind :shock:
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    :shock:

£70?! ouch. Id be looking for something really special for that, and they look generally not that different.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • mrfmilo
    edited February 2011
    *£60 and i didn't pay that, I got them for £14, which is the main reason I bought them :lol:
  • my dad came home from America with a £250 set of bose headphones. Now they are incredible.

I need more headphones as the bud things have fallen off the end.... not paying £60-70 quid though!
  • mrfmilo
    I don't get on with headphones, but have gone through so many earphones - these are the first ones that look like they'll last longer than 2 weeks..
  • mrfmilo wrote:
    I don't get on with headphones, but have gone through so many earphones - these are the first ones that look like they'll last longer than 2 weeks..

Yea I spent a tenner on my last set. the bud things are shite... 2 sizes, massive or tiny!

I might spend a bit more on some but I can't really afford it atm. I just use it to drown out the pointless chav ramblings on the train.
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo wrote:

Yea I spent a tenner on my last set. the bud things are shite... 2 sizes, massive or tiny!

I might spend a bit more on some but I can't really afford it atm. I just use it to drown out the pointless chav ramblings on the train.

:lol: Yeah, these come with loads of different sizes to get it perfect, it actually makes a difference to the sound. I didn't think the £10-20 ones I used to buy were that bad, they now sound sh*t!
  • mrfmilo wrote:
    mrfmilo wrote:

:lol: Yeah, these come with loads of different sizes to get it perfect, it actually makes a difference to the sound. I didn't think the £10-20 ones I used to buy were that bad, they now sound sh*t!

hehe, yeah you don't realise how bad something is until you try the same sorta thing with a better quality.

Problem is, I know mine are shite anyway!

Dad has these bad boys just for him to watch TV :lol:
    http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/bose-quie ... p&istBid=t
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Dad has these bad boys just for him to watch TV :lol:
    facepalm-epic.jpg
    HOW MUCH? For a set of fricking BOSE?
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    I had some Sennheiser HD 500's but broke them, got some Sennheiser HD 595's, theyre good.
  • Dad has these bad boys just for him to watch TV :lol:
    facepalm-epic.jpg

not that much :lol:

like I said, he bought them at an outlet store in the US.
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    I use CX 400 2s too - by far the best in-ear phones I've used - great dynamic range for such small drivers

(and some of the only non-moulded buds that easily stay in my apparently oddly shaped ear canals)

slainte 8) rob
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    After trying about 20 different sets, I bought some UE Superfi 5 Pro's about 2 years ago.

Absolutely amazing. If I was going to buy another set, I'd just buy the same ones again. Think they are about £140.

I can't wear headphones for practical reasons.
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    i bought some Sennheiser CX300's about a month ago and i hate them

the bud doesnt stay in my ear properly and for some reason the cable from the earphone to the Y branch is way too long

i miss my SHURE earbuds...
  • nickel
    nickel Posts: 476
    DCR00 wrote:

the bud doesnt stay in my ear properly and for some reason the cable from the earphone to the Y branch is way too long

I've got some CX300s and love them, cost 20quid from amazon when I bought them 3 years ago and they're still going strong, despite them being left scrunched up at the bottom of my uni bag countless times, one of the best pieces of audio equipment ive bought!
  • jon87uk
    jon87uk Posts: 158
    Nickel wrote:
    DCR00 wrote:

I've got some CX300s and love them, cost 20quid from amazon when I bought them 3 years ago and they're still going strong, despite them being left scrunched up at the bottom of my uni bag countless times, one of the best pieces of audio equipment ive bought!

Yeah I have a set off CX300 too and then do me fine for when I'm walking around and stuff. Can be had for as little as about £10-15. Not a bad entry level.
    Current - Cotic BFe - Pike RC - XT - Hope Arch EX
    Previous - 09 Marin Wolfridge 6.7 - 03 Kona Roast
  • eltonioni
    eltonioni Posts: 82
    I bought a pair when I was studying for a set of 9 exams in 3 weeks and the QC3 were great. Bose sound quality is only mediocre though; seem to be set up for middle aged ears and smooth jazz with lots of midrange and not much clarity. I sold them on eBay for thirty quid less than I paid so not a bad deal really, and I passed all the exams.

A pair of CX400's that I bought years ago are still going strong with Mrs eltonioni. Awesome VFM and currently have a pair of the orange sport band Sennheisers that are equally good VFM.

Now mainly using Mrs eltonioni's old set of Bose in ear phones that we swapped and have been very pleased with them but no they would be no good on the bike without being taped in.