Herne Hill velodrome saved

ketsbaia
ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
Just heard British Cycling and Dulwich Trust (the velodrome landlord) have agreed a 15-year deal to save the Herne Hill Velodrome.

Gotta be happy with that.

Comments

• Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    * Agent57 likes this
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,165
    Good to see my BC subs are being put to good use. (Now must find out where in Herne Hill it is - lived very near there for a few years and never saw it :oops:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    I started my track "career" there about 35 years ago. I am glad to see that it will keep going for a while at least.
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    Excellent news, I plan to give this a go in the spring. May try taking my daughter to the off roading in the morning first and see how she enjoys that. Gotta be better than taking her swimming.
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Butterd2 wrote:
    Excellent news, I plan to give this a go in the spring. May try taking my daughter to the off roading in the morning first and see how she enjoys that. Gotta be better than taking her swimming.

Don't be so mean. Why not let her do both then see which one she prefers? :P

Good news on HHV. Maybe I'll actually vsit during that timescale.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    I'm another person who has this on the to do list, so great news :D
  • iPete wrote:
    I'm another person who has this on the to do list, so great news :D

+1 .

and just to stir it up, my daughter does swinmming and cycling . the swimming is more competetive thsan the cycling at the moment, and the cycling is more off road than anything else but its still 2 :)
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png