Will it or won't it?

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
My bike is (was this morning) locked to the stands at an unmanned but busy country station, question is will it be there when I arrive shortly?

Besides who would want a slick looking black Dolan with campagnolo groupset and big ol CX tyres?

Gulp!
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    100% it WILL be there (* fingers crossed *)
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Wiltshire, not Willsden, right? I reckon it will be fine.

Whether it is or isn't, I think the stress of wondering about it all day means I wouldn't leave it there regularly.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    Naturally, you've locked it up with two mahousive square-linked chains that weigh more than the bike - yeh?
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    itboffin wrote:
    My bike is (was this morning) locked to the stands at an unmanned but busy country station, question is will it be there when I arrive shortly?

Besides who would want a slick looking black Dolan with campagnolo groupset and big ol CX tyres?

Gulp!

Dude, I've seen the pics of said bike and all I can say is what the feck are you playing at leaving it at an unmanned station. :cry: Thats neglect on a monumental scale.

That'll be five Hail Marys and two Our Fathers when you get hame. That is if you make it provided that the bike was still there.
  • itboffin
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    Wiltshire, not Willsden, right? I reckon it will be fine.

Whether it is or isn't, I think the stress of wondering about it all day means I wouldn't leave it there regularly.

Nah locked up in a West Berkshire station which used to be Hampshire and once Wiltshire :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Hello there Mr Boffin. I'm from Bicycle Protective Services (BPS), we've had an allegation of neglect relating to a bike under your care. I'm afraid that having looked at the situation and taking your own statement into account we're going to have to take little Dolan into care.

It's for his own good, we'll make sure he's well looked after and want's for nothing, we just need to be sure he's not in an environment where something like this will happen again.

We're aware you have a number of other 'little ones' at home and they can stay where they are for now, but if we hear of any more shocking behavior along the lines of todays little stunt I'm afraid we'll have to take them away from you as well.

I hope you've learnt a valuable lesson from all this.
    Hat + Beard
  • itboffin
    itboffin wrote:

Gulp!

Yeh it was there, phew! :?

and no the locks aren't that MASSHOOF in fact the one of the front wheel might have come out of a xmas cracker :?
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    itboffin wrote:
    itboffin wrote:

Gulp!

Yeh it was there, phew! :?

and no the locks aren't that MASSHOOF in fact the one of the front wheel might have come out of a xmas cracker :?

knowing you they were probably rapha/condor crackers :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • itboffin
    How very dare you, Castelli if you will :wink:
  • itboffin
    Using my Thule roof rack for the first time this evening, Q is will the bike stay upright and connected or won't it?
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Depends how many low bridges you go under :wink:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    I'm betting on 'Low Bridge wipes out bike, ITB blissfully unaware until he gets home'
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Getting out of the station car park will probably be the first hurdle... er, hula
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    Is this going to be a series of increasingly more bizarre places to leave a bike and see if it's still there when you return?

I do hope so.
    I've left the CX chained to the gates of Buckingham Palace..."

We could place bets.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • itboffin
    Nope bike was totally fine

Phew, I was kinda hoping it would rain harder saving me yet another bike washing session.
  • itboffin
    Arrived at the station this morning to find a notice on my locks, these rails are being painted please remove or they will be removed.

Q. Will the locks be there when I get back this evening?

I would have removed them there and then but my train was pulling in on the other platform, running for a train in the wet wearing SPD shoes what could possibly go wrong!?!
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    i've already had the wheels......

:-)
  • itboffin
    gtvlusso wrote:
    i've already had the wheels......

:-)

Locks have wheels ??? :P
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    itboffin wrote:
    Arrived at the station this morning to find a notice on my locks, these rails are being painted please remove or they will be removed.

Q. Will the locks be there when I get back this evening?

I would have removed them there and then but my train was pulling in on the other platform, running for a train in the wet wearing SPD shoes what could possibly go wrong!?!

If it's weeing down all day, then I doubt they'll be painting anyway. Might still come round with the croppers though.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition