Maggy is back!

Comments

• Brilliant news! And for a decent cause too. Hopefully he'll be riding the Severn Bridge RR and I can get me an autograph and a photo of the big guy.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Hurrah for Big Maggy!
  • The Welsh Swede is back.

He is 8)
  • come on maggy get the kettle on , ure coffee taste great :D
  • Surfr
    Surfr Posts: 243
    Good to see, and a clubmate has scored a place on the team too so it's a double whammy for Wales :)

First stop is the Perfs Pedal next weekend apparently.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Good man. My money's* on for Paris-Roubaix 2013 already!

Hope he gets some TV coverage.

*not much money like. Dude'll be almost as old as me!

Strava is not Zen.
  • calvjones wrote:
    Dude'll be almost as old as me!

Is he not nearly as old as you now? Are you going to stop growing? Where did you find this anti ageing device?
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    An ex-pro riding in an E/1/2/3 race? Not really a come back. Nice bloke though, met him once.
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    calvjones wrote:
    Dude'll be almost as old as me!

Is he not nearly as old as you now? Are you going to stop growing? Where did you find this anti ageing device?

I wish!

Strava is not Zen.
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    Homer J wrote:
    An ex-pro riding in an E/1/2/3 race? Not really a come back. Nice bloke though, met him once.

Yeah, but he's riding again, lending his name to an excellent cause and will be seen about being a nice bloke which is what everyone wants.... They'll probably ride some "tougher" races too at some stage.
  • I am looking forward to rutland
  • Greggyr
    Greggyr Posts: 1,075
    It's great news. He's doing commentary with David Harmon on the Tour of Qatar, and he's been explaining the philosophy of the team, and his involvement with it.

The main reason is exposure for the charity, whilst giving riders a chance to gain experience in racing. He is still a huge name in the sport, so his involvement hopefully brings maximun exposure. He sounds VERY excited about his comeback, and it is great to see a project that is all about giving.

Chapeau to him & everyone involved with the team.
  • the guy is a beast down the velodrome :twisted:
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    Hope this doesn't stop his commentary work as he is really good to listen to.
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • I'm pretty sure he blew past me at the start of the rhigos climb a year or so back. He said hello and I gasped a bit louder than usual.

Does that count as having met him? :lol:
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails