Photoshop+GraphicsPad=StickyNote?!!

mercsport
mercsport Posts: 664
edited February 2011 in The bottom bracket
Before I post on a mac-forum, I thought I'd have a look-see and ask if anyone here has any idea as to why my Wacom graphics pad plays antics when I attempt to draw - or paint - on a project in PS cs4. The fact is, I can't do either of those things-or anything else - for when I apply pen to pad a ruled yellow 'sticky-note' appears upon which I can write, scrawl etc., but as soon as I lift off, the irksome shard of virtual paper vanishes. Not that I want it to remain as I didn't want it there in the first place. :oops:

Any ideas where I went wrong? Anyone?
"Lick My Decals Off, Baby"

Comments

• jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    Planet X model B's
  • wheezee
    wheezee Posts: 461
    PS notes tool inadvertently selected?
  • jim453 wrote:
    Planet X model B's

Eh? :?

I'm fixed up, thanks. FWIW, I have several sets of wheels (the years roll by..), the latest of which are some Shamal Ultras. :roll:
  • wheezee wrote:
    PS notes tool inadvertently selected?

Good pointer, thanks. But no, it's not selected, from what I can see in either the Window or File drop-menus. And if Notes are related to 'Stickies' PS declares that it's not enabled, or not installed. Or are Stickies a peculiarly Mac thing?
  • you can assign custom actions through the wacom software - check this maybe?
  • PaulBarman wrote:
    you can assign custom actions through the wacom software - check this maybe?

Pardon me for not coming back to this earlier - I was out last night - but thank you very much for that input. It got me to digging around, and in Systems Prederences I discovered I had a device -cum widget - called Ink which enables the so-called 'magic trackpad' to act as a pen tablet, but without the brushes etc., just a pen/pencil for writing notes to yourself. Short of an uninstall, I unticked all the checks and the wacom now works fine in PS. Phew! :roll: