Riding in London?

Rooner
Rooner Posts: 109
edited February 2011 in Commuting general
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpQLMHGDtYc&feature=player_embedded

Is this how all Londoners ride? What a fool, there's nothing else to say really is there?

Comments

• Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    No it is not how all londoners ride. Some ride well, some ride stupidly, some ride fast, some ride slow, some run red lights, some don't, some hug the kerb, some ride in primary, some use lights and high-vis, some prefer the cycling ninja approach.

Unless the person in the video is doing all this and more then it is not how all londoners ride. I don't even need to watch the video.
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    Yep, ALL Londoners guv, but only when we're not singing knees up mother brown and eating jellied eels.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Mattsaw wrote:
    Yep, ALL Londoners guv, but only when we're not singing knees up mother brown and eating jellied eels.

and talking in a Dick Van dyke cockernee accent .

cor luv a duck
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Rooner
    Rooner Posts: 109
    That's what I thought, although I was surprised he didn't have a pearly coat on.....

Seriously, if you wanted to show-off a new tool you were selling, would you have this as an advertisement? Maybe I'm missing the fixed/ss scene down here in the southwest, but riding like that can only inflame the Daily Mail readers of the world even further.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    Surely it only looks fast cos his little legs are spinning round so much. What pansy gear ratio is he pushing?
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Want to change gear while on the road? Try using a derailleur.
    Typical London wannabe :roll:

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.