My custom cube attention

maxspeed76
maxspeed76 Posts: 78
edited February 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Brought my Cube Attention brand new back in august 2010 to get me back into mountain biking after a 10yr break, did not wanna spend to much on a bike just incase i did not get into it again but once back in the saddle im enjoying every minute of it, have made a few subtle upgrades and converted to dual rings up front, but ive got to say for a 600 quid bike ive givern it a few good hammerings and it stands up to everything i throw at it
Hope you like:
100_1912.jpg
100_1916.jpg
100_1913.jpg
100_1917.jpg
100_1918.jpg
100_1920.jpg
Frame: 2010 Cube attention, 16"
Forks: rock shox tora 85mm-130mm adjustable travel "upgrade
Bars: Easton monkey bars
Stem: Superstar components zephir stem, 70mm
Headset: Hope intergrated
Grips: Superstar components, lock on's
Bar Ends: Hope dr bar plugs

Front Brake Lever assy: Hayes stroker ryde
Front Caliper:
Front disc:
Rear Brake Lever assy:
Rear Caliper:
Rear Disc:
Hoses:

Shifters: Shimano deore
Cables: jagwire
Front Mech: Shimano deore
Rear Mech: shimano deore
Chain Device:

Seat: SDG Bel-Air
Seat Post: DaBomb xc
Seat Post Clamp: Hope seat clamp

Cranks: shimano slx
Chainring(s): Shimano and e-thirteen bash ring
Chain: shimano
Cassette: shimano 9spd
Pedals: shimano
Bottom Bracket: Shimano slx

Front Wheel: rfr zx24
Rim:
Spokes:
Hub:
Tube:
Tire: Maxxis advantage

Back Wheel: rfr zx24
Rim:
Spokes:
Hub:
Tube:
Tire: schwalbe fat albert

Other info:Upgrades over the coming months(pics will be posted as they happen) stem soon to be replaced buy new hope am stem(superstar one will be up for sale if anyone interested)
White gear cables
Braided brake hoses
New rockshox reverb seatpost
superstar components floating disc rotors.

so thats my trusty steed, hope you all like and please feel free if you have any ideas how i could make it look even better or any other improvements.

TTFN

Comments

• No posts on my thread, does no one like my bike then!! LOL
  • I like it matey, have the Attention shortlisted once I've sold my Giant
    Cheers
    AC
    Carrera Fury for the muddy stuff
    Boardman Road Team for the black stuff
    PDQ for the TT stuff
  • xtreem
    xtreem Posts: 2,965
    Stunning.
    And lovely Cateye. :)
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Tbh, that superstar stem is probably as good as the hope one. Nice bike though.
  • Just decided today that im changing colour scheme slightly all anodised red bits are to be replaced with, chrome, black and carbon, so that means all the red stuff will be going up for sale!
  • Stoo61
    Stoo61 Posts: 1,394
    Ooh...the sticker on the fender...I like that idea...

Nice bike!
  • Stoo61 wrote:
    Ooh...the sticker on the fender...I like that idea...

Nice bike!

Aha! I wondered where he'd got Rock Shox fenders from! :lol: . I've got a plain black one.

Love the bike though, shame you're ridding it of the red bit....
  • just a quick update,bike gone in today for a free service so, white cables are being fitted at the same time and also the first of the silver bits have arrived, so will update pics later!!

TTFN
  • HI, had a problem with gear cables today when i got to bike shop and took cables out of envelope(brought them off ebay) realised the idiot who sold me them had sent me brake cbale instead of gear cable, so still no new cables but think im gonna go for braided ones now. will update pics, once all fitted

TTFN
  • Very nice! And only £600?? Looks gorgeous mate!
  • Very nice! And only £600?? Looks gorgeous mate!
    Cheers buddy and yes only £600 since then i have spent about another 400 quid on it but its all worth it!

TTFN
  • Andy!
    Andy! Posts: 433
    The fender looks a lot better with something stuck on it!

I have the same stem - it is very well made and same as the one that On One sell for £70. I suggested to Superstar they offer replacement front plates in different colours and hopefully they will do it. Hope (and Thomson) are very nice though.

You need to be careful with the coloured bolts though. I am guessing the red ones in your stem are aluminium? They need to steel (or titanium) as the last thing you want is them breaking and being aluminium they probably will.
  • Andy!
    Andy! Posts: 433
    The fender looks a lot better with something stuck on it!

I have the same stem - it is very well made and same as the one that On One sell for £70. I suggested to Superstar they offer replacement front plates in different colours and hopefully they will do it. Hope (and Thomson) are very nice though.

You need to be careful with the coloured bolts though. I am guessing the red ones in your stem are aluminium? They need to steel (or titanium) as the last thing you want is them breaking and being aluminium they probably will.