my bikes: Azonic & GT

supafly1982
supafly1982 Posts: 631
edited February 2011 in Your mountain bikes
well not really to show off but i thought i would post them anyway just to see peoples oppinions. Im new to the MTB scene and the bikes need tweeking here and there.

My first one is Azonic Az 7 frame with:

Sugino mighty 900 chainset
xt casette ( i think)
Hayes stroker brakes with 160 discs
shimano deore shifters
shimano deore front mech
shimano lx rear mech
mavic e321 rim
sun rim
WTB weirwolf 2.1's
easton monkey bar and stem
Tora 302 SL forks

thast pretty accurate , my friend made it and i bought it from him as i was always using it lol
mybike1.jpg

mybike2.jpg

Comments

• Next one i got today, its a GT Zaskar

2006 kinesium alloy frame
    marzocchi MX bomber forks
    shimano deore XT shifters
    shimano deore lx hollow tech 2 chainset
    shimano deore lx rear mech
    shimano deore slx front mech
    thompson elite stem/ seat post
    hope mini disc brakes
    hope xc hubs
    Mavic XC717 rims
    panaracer XC tyers

mybike3.jpg

all comments welcome, Tell me what you think isnt so good on them and why as im new to this and learning all the time, i do XC mostly. I need new pedals for the GT and ive got Fulcrum red metal 5 wheels to go on the azonic, might strip the tacky sticker logos off though.
  • Got some Fulcrum Red Metal 5's for my Azonic build

DSC00189-1.jpg

DSC00191-1.jpg

could do with a few new things to set it off, no idea what tho
  • shx8000
    shx8000 Posts: 222
    Looking good:)

think the crank and pedals on the azonic look a bit naff though.
    Could paint them black as well and fit q bash guard. Might toughen it up a bit. Just my opinion though, no offence meant ;)

I have some crank brothers 50/50xx's and an e-thirteen bash guard of you're interested. £45 delivered.
  • shx8000

the crank is a sugino mighty 900 lol, was on it when i got it, thin but light i guess, its a square fitting, ive got Azonic pedals Xtrolite ones, shaped like a X but i dont think they suit the thin cranks, looks out of proportion though. just spent about £900 on bikes lately so im skint, got a kid on the way in april, will give you a shout in the future if you still have them.